Installing Kaspersky Total Security on Android?

ian_g3nrw
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I have Total Security installed on various PCs (since many years). Current license has approximately 500 days remaining.

Now, for the first time, I want to install Total Security on my Samsung J3(2016) running Android Version 5.1.1.

Question: Is this possible, or do I have to buy Kaspersky Internet Security?

Thank you.

Ian

Hello @ian_g3nrw,

Welcome again!

Yes!

A KTS license will install Kaspersky Internet Security software, from Google Play Store, on the Samsung J3(2016) android, as long as the android, meets the hardware & software requirements & the license is available to match the number of devices requiring AV protection. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Kaspersky Internet Security for Android, Protect your mobile devices

Installing KIS

• Solution

@Flood and Flood's wife

Many thanks. Once again you gave me the right answer! The only unexpected detail was that I could download the app from a Huawei site. Doesn’t Kasperski have its own site for the app?

Ian

Hello @ian_g3nrw, Ian,

You’re most welcome☺ !

For the Samsung J3(2016), install  Kaspersky Internet Security from Google Play Store, Huawei store is for Huawei phones. 

When you’re ready to “activate” KIS, as long as the existing KTS license has an available “space”, for example, if KTS license is for 3 devices & you have KTS installed on 2 devices, the 3rd is available for your Samsung/KIS, so, at the point where you’re “activating” KIS Premium, don’t add an activation code, all you  need to do is, sign into your MyKaspersky account, that will allow the existing KTS license to synchronise with the KIS/installed software on the Samsung. Synchronising the device & the MyKaspersky account will set the KIS software to premium/subscription license. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

@Flood and Flood's wife 

Interesting.

In fact, I downloaded from Huawei, and it seems OK with my Samsung! I think I was misled by this documentation page in the Knowledge Base:

Kaspersky Internet Security for Android

which to me implied that downloading from the Huawei AppGallery was the only way to install Internet Security on the Android.

[A few days ago, before I started this thread, I had tried downloading from Google Play Store, but I abandoned that approach because I could find no way to insert my existing Activation Code without payment. At least with the Huawei approach, I could enter the Activation Code without difficulty -- everything synced up nicely and works OK …... so far.

[But from your last paragraph above it seems I didn’t go far enough, so I will now remove the Huawei version of Kaspersky Internet Security from my phone and start again by downloading from Google Play Store].

Thanks again for your help.

Ian

Hello @ian_g3nrw, Ian, 

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for posting back & the extra information👌

Agreed, the Huawei link may be confusing, (ioo) it would be better in both links were named

@Igor Kurzin

Please note the confusion caused by the addition of the named Huawei download link; easily rectified if Google Play Store download link is also labelled.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

@Flood and Flood's wife

Thanks yet again. And thank you for your patience. I’m 80 next year, so it takes a little longer to sink in! All the best, Ian

Hello @ian_g3nrw, Ian, 

You’re very welcome☺ !

Happy birthday🎂, in advance for next year, 80 years old is a glorious milestone, in the meantime, we wish you continued health & well being. 

We’re always here to help!!

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋