Installation Error: Kaspersky Total Protection Error 1404. could not delete key \Software\KasperskyLab\AVP21.1

Mulbah

I just renewed my Kaspersky Total Protection License (for 3 User 1 Year). My License had expired about a year ago and it seems that my installation of Kaspersky got rolled back either intentionally of inadvertently. I notwithstanding have other features such as (Kaspersky Password Manager, Kaspersky Safe Kida, Kaspersky VPN) maintained on my PC.  Now that I have renewed my subscription, I needed to activate but can’t locate the Activation number on my PC, especially so now that the main program; Kaspersky Total protection, can not be located on my desktop.

As a mean to remedy the situation, I though I could do a fresh installation to replace or repair potentially corrupt program files but that doesn’t seem to be working . I keep getting the following error message towards the end of the fresh installation: “Application Error Message:  Error 1404 could not delete key \SOFTTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP21.1. Verify that you have sufficient access to key or contact technical support.”

Any help to reactivate and have my Kaspersky Total Protection up and working properly is highly appreciated