Install VPN on a Router/Raspberry Pi

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Good Morning! I would like to use Secure Connection on my Amazon fireTV Stick, unfortunately there is no app for the FireTV. Sideloading the android app does not work because the screen ratio is messed up and i can't login due to the fact that there is no Keyboard. Other VPN Services do have the possibility to be installed directly on a router to secure the whole network. Can i do this with my Kaspersky VPN or maybe install it on a Raspberry Pi?

Hello FLOOD! Thanks for your fast answer. 1. i do not have a raspberry pi hooked up now, but am planning to use a Pi 3B with Raspbian +Pihole. altough i am open to suggestions 2. Router: ADB VV5522, Version ADBB-GX13013A, but with custom firmware from my ISP(preinstalled) 3. Whatever works i guess. my ideal goal would be to encrypt my whole home-network, if via KSC on my raspberry or through router does not matter. if that's not possible i would encrypt the fireTV. all other devices have fitting KSC Applications(PC/Mobile Phones) thanks for your Advice!

Hello ReidelHPB, You're very welcome! Hmmm! Router first: I'm happy to be wrong but I'm 99.9% sure you'll not be able to load Kaspersky software direct to the ADB Router. Have you configured VPN on the ADB? Pi 3B/Raspbian/Pihole Again, happy to be proved wrong, however, (im assessment) KSC is not compatible. I'm not sure, I think I understand the objective, if I'm on the right track there's ways to do what you wish to do (but not using KSC)? & I'm sure you very aware, there's always potential slowdowns if traffic has to go "travelling"... Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Hello Damp_squid, Welcome! The only way I can think of is to load Playstore, then KSC, however, I have no idea if that'd work, I don't have a Firestick to test. May I ask: Why not load a compatible/published VPN? Unless there's someone in the Community who can answer definitively raise an incident via the MyKaspersky portal & request Technical Support advise you, or call TS, or Online Chat - they will surely know.... Thanks!

Hey Flood, Thanks for your reply - I actually managed to sort this about 30 mins after posting. I eventually found a (hopefully) reputable place to get the .apk from. Only painful part was figuring out I needed a pointer app to be able to log in to KSC once I'd installed it all... Main reason for KSC is I've got the paid version for a year, so didn't fancy using another service while I'm paying for this one! TLDR - all seems to be working ok now, hello US Netflix! haha Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Hey Flood,

Thanks for your reply - I actually managed to sort this about 30 mins after posting. I eventually found a (hopefully) reputable place to get the .apk from.

Only painful part was figuring out I needed a pointer app to be able to log in to KSC once I'd installed it all...

Main reason for KSC is I've got the paid version for a year, so didn't fancy using another service while I'm paying for this one!

TLDR - all seems to be working ok now, hello US Netflix! haha

Cheers!

Can you share the apk? I can not seem to find one.

Cheers,

Royston

• 1 year later...
  • Solution

Hi All!

We have good news:

The ability to connect routers and other devices to Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection

Consumers can protect their home Wi-Fi network by plugging-in routers via Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection. This feature is also available for any device that supports a built-in or standard OpenVPN® client. If a user links a router to Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection, all devices connected to this router will be protected. 

Moreover, users have the opportunity to plug-in devices and operating systems (OS) via OpenVPN to Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection that aren’t currently supported by the product directly. This includes Linux®, Chromebook, FireTV and AndroidTV, among others. 

This feature is available for premium users. You can get the settings through your My Kaspersky account → Secure connection tab.