Infected or Not? email body detected as Hoax Script. [Closed]

dhware
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

I need help figuring out if I am infected or if Kaspersky was just alerting me to the danger.  I was deleting junk email (not even looking at them) last week and Outlook got hung up 3 times.  I didn’t event think about it being a malicious issue as I wasn’t opening anything.  Jumped on my iPhone, deleted the junk no issue.  Now yesterday I do to open Kaspersky and it is telling me about these issues. 

I have deleted temp files, ran a full scan, ran Kaspersky virus tool, and ran Malwarebytes and nothing was found. So do I have something or is Kaspersky just telling me it saw the issue in the email?  It is not really clear. 

Thanks so much for any help!!

Holly 

Hello  @dhware,

Welcome!

🛑If KIS is not updated to the latest patch ( 2019 Patch "J", 2020 Patch “F”), please check if a update is available, I’ve included both as I’m not sure of  (your) installed KIS version🛑

1 (If you haven’t already) please change email password, using a password generator or complying with strong password rules, at least 12 characters made up of a variety of characters including letters, numbers, punctuation, and upper and lower case.

• 2Windows Explorer, go to: 

C:\Windows\Temp  delete everything, there may be a few files or folders requiring Admin permission, grant the permission, & there may be a few files or folders in use, select “ok” or “skip.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp delete everything, there may be a few files or folders requiring Admin permission, grant the permission, & there may be a few files or folders in use, select “ok” or “skip.

3 Export Bookmarks for all browsers.

4  Run KIS Privacy Cleaner Wizard, open KIS, select More Tools, select Clean & Optimize, select Privacy Cleaner, select Search for user activity traces, the Wizard will show a screen with some of the “searches” selected, manually select all 🔘 , select Next, allow the Wizard to complete, including Reboot if prompted. 

5 If the Privacy Cleaner did not include Reboot, please select (Windows) Shutdown, not Restart. 

6 When Computer is OFF, power on, login.

7  Make sure KIS is running:

1. Run KIS manual Database Update, allow it to complete.
  2. Run KIS manual Full Scan, allow it to complete
  3. Please make sure Delete malicious tools, adware, auto-dialers and suspicious packagers is selected. 

Monitor issue, any concerns, please let me know? 

&

8  Please export the report, as follows, change Detected Objects to ALL Events, timeframe 30days, select Export, save the report as a text file (.txt), attach Report to your reply by selecting the 📎 paperclip icon please?

Please post back?

Thank you

• Solution

I have deleted temp files, ran a full scan, ran Kaspersky virus tool, and ran Malwarebytes and nothing was found.

? Infected or Not ? :
If nothing was found then your system is clean and you can ignore the detection notification. 

Also, please clear your Reports , update Data Bases and run a scan as follows :
> Settings > Additional > Threats and Exlusions settings > Type of detected objects
> Detect other software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data