I need help, my antivirus software is not detecting these viruses, why is this happening? I purchased the all-round enhanced version

Go to solution Solved by harlan4096,

I need help, my antivirus software is not detecting these viruses, why is this happening? I purchased the all-round enhanced version

Download address of virus file:

//Mod Note: removed due to security matters.

• Solution

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

I just checked all the downloaded files with the tool "HashMyFiles" (NirSoft), and there are LOTS OF REDUNDANT FILES, I mean, many are the same file with different name, but with the same hash:

image.thumb.png.a46badd84b03f9bf019d41736fc8867d.png

Only of one archive, there are 83 copies with different names! 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Similar issue, with other files...

Also, I checked some of them with VirusTotal service, and none of the antivirus solutions there detected nothing...

Anyway, I will try, WITH TIME, to clean the list (remove redundant copies of files), and test them in a Virtual Machine.

• Like 1

Thank you very much. These are viruses I've collected from the internet. There may be duplicates, and some of them might include normal files. The original number of these viruses was 2,000. Antivirus software has helped me remove many of them. The remaining ones are considered safe and clean by the antivirus software. If you find after inspection that they are indeed virus files, I hope these viruses can supplement your virus database to protect more users.

• Like 1

I received another virus sample pack. When I tried to use antivirus software to detect it, the antivirus software was automatically shut down, and it's difficult to restart the antivirus again. It may contain some specific viruses, for example: when antivirus software detects the virus, it forcibly terminates the antivirus process. This is just my speculation, and I hope the authorities can resolve the issue of antivirus software being forcibly shut down when detecting viruses. Thank you very much.

these test files are just garbage

please carefully choose valuable samples to perform tests.

especially you do not use those very large file package from unknown individual.

you can go to malwaretips or kafan. there you can encounter nearly real-world scenario. I mean there you can get samples at wild.

😂老哥你从哪儿弄来这些超大包的测试包啊,你不会是随便百度搜索来的把?。你有时间的话,去卡饭论坛样本区玩玩不好吗?🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xzz123 said:

这些测试文件只是垃圾

请谨慎选择有价值的样品进行测试。

特别是你不要使用那些来自未知个人的非常大的文件包。

您可以访问malwaretipskafan。在那里你可以遇到近乎真实的场景。我的意思是你可以在那里获得野生样品。

😂老哥你从哪里弄来这么超大包的测试百度包啊,你不会是随便搜索来的吗?。你有时间去,卡饭论坛样本区玩玩不好吗?🤣

哇塞,国人啊,我是GitHub上找的一些病毒包,想试试卡巴斯基的防护能力,结果直接给卡巴斯基干死机了,自动结束进程关闭程序了

4 minutes ago, 波哥欧巴 said:

自动结束进程关闭程序了

If kaspersky is crippled during the scan

The most likely reason is that these test files are multiple packaging files, which will produce too many log files when scanned, resulting in UI crash.

It will not happen in the real world. Do not worry

17 minutes ago, Xzz123 said:

如果卡巴斯基在扫描过程中瘫痪

最有可能的原因是这些测试文件是多个打包文件,扫描时会产生过多的日志文件,导致UI崩溃。

这在现实世界中不会发生。不用担心

Hi, I have sent you a private message with the virus file. You can try scanning it. The anti-virus program is indeed disabled.