I don't open Kaspersky apps after they are updated automatically (in Google Play Store or App Store), will they continue to function normally?

This simple question applies to mobile devices: if I don't open Kaspersky Internet Security and/or Kaspersky Safe Kids applications after they are updated automatically (in Google Play Store or App Store), will they continue to function normally? Yes they will or no they won't?

Hello @leotavano

Welcome again!

Yes, as long as they’ve been installed and configured as per the documentation.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources:

How to install Kaspersky Internet Security for Android

How to configure KIS after installation

How to install Kaspersky Safe Kids for Android and set up child and parent profiles

Hey @FLOOD,

After update, if this changes:

2. Carefully read through the End User License Agreement, the Products and Services Privacy Policy, and the Kaspersky Security Network Statement. Tap Next if you agree to the terms.

Will I have to open the apps and accept this or they will keep functioning normally even if I don't do this?

Thank you.

Hello @leotavano

• Post update, End User License Agreement, the Products and Services Privacy Policy, and the Kaspersky Security Network Statement will not change.
  • Accepting the End User License Agreement, the Products and Services Privacy Policy, and the Kaspersky Security Network Statement is a condition of installing KIS. 
  • Selecting NEXT initiates the KIS install:

• In the Android environment, if NEXT is not accepted, KIS will not install. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @leotavano,

• Not at all sure what “Here we go again”, means🤔 , but yes, indeed, here we go again, it is not normal for EULA, P&SPP & KSNS “prompt” as a result of Auto-update.
  • ⚠ Something is not working as it should⚠
  1. Confirm the device meets documented system requirements?
  2. Uninstall according to documentation. including a full shutdown of the device at the completion of the uninstall.
  3. Clean install according to documentation, including a full shutdown of the device at the completion of the install.
  4. Replicate the issue, if it persists and if the Kaspersky software is licensed, raise a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, you have the procedure.

NB: 🚫 If root access has been granted, the Support contract may be voided🚫

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @brendox,

Welcome!

• 9x = good pickup👏
  • Anything x, the x represents whichever operating system is in the 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 OS range, for example 4x = 4.4.1.
  •     Version history by API level
    2.1    Android 1.0 (API 1)
    2.2    Android 1.1 (API 2)
    2.3    Android 1.5 Cupcake (API 3)
    2.4    Android 1.6 Donut (API 4)
    2.5    Android 2.0 Eclair (API 5)
    2.6    Android 2.2 Froyo (API 8)
    2.7    Android 2.3 Gingerbread (API 9)
    2.8    Android 3.0 Honeycomb (API 11)
    2.9    Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (API 14)
    2.10    Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (API 16)
    2.11    Android 4.4 KitKat (API 19)
    2.12    Android 5.0 Lollipop (API 21)
    2.13    Android 6.0 Marshmallow (API 23)
    2.14    Android 7.0 Nougat (API 24)
    2.15    Android 8.0 Oreo (API 26)
    2.16    Android 9 Pie (API 28)
    2.17    Android 10 (API 29)
    2.18    Android 11 (API 30)
  • KIS Operating system: Android 4.2-10.x - Article ID: 61345, Last review: Mar 25, 2020
  • Re the 9x, Kaspersky support have not updated the Knowledge Base link🤐

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 

*The apps have been auto updated in Google Play Store/App Store.*

Here we go again, *will I have to open the apps and accept this or they will keep functioning normally even if I don't do this?*

So, do I have to accept this for the app to continue working or it will keep working even if I don't accept this?

Hello, according to Technical Support:

• “In that case, yes, Kaspersky will continue to work normally guaranteeing protection for the device, however it is necessary to accept these terms of use so that the app's functionalities, like, for example, the anti-theft can continue to work”
  • “In the case of Safe Kids, it is also necessary to accept the terms of use so that
    the rules and restrictions carried out continue to work on the child's device”

Thank you for helping, @FLOOD. See you.