I can't install google chrome on my windows 7 pc, "initializing in progress" afterwards "internet connection in progress" but it goes on forever without installing anything. Is a Kaspersky setting causing this? [Closed]

I get "initializing in progress" afterwards "internet connection in progress" but it goes on forever without installing anything. I state that the internet connection is fully functional. As for "and please run a GSI and Windows registry, upload the zip folder to the cloud and re-publish the link please?" I honestly don't know how

Hello @releone,

Thank you for replying.

1. How long has KIS been installed? 
  2. Have you shutdown and restarted the computer and retried to install Chrome?

⚠ Check: Kaspersky Internet Security 20 System Requirements

⚠ Check: List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 20

Regarding GSI & Windows Logs, download the GSI tool available in the link I posted above, when the GSI is on your desktop, double click on the GSI exe, a Windows User Account Control popup will show “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes on this computer”, select “Yes” (this gives the GSI program permission to run, it does not make any changes on the computer), then a GSI “Consent” window opens, select “Accept”, the GSI Window will open, check the Windows Logs, select “Start”.

The GSI may run for a long time, that’s ok, allow the GSI to complete.

When the GSI is complete it will automatically create a GSI zip folder (on your desktop), upload the GSI zip folder to any cloud service, for example OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox, MegaDrive, when the GSI is uploaded to your cloud storage, highlight the folder, righclick, select “get shareable link” or “share”,  post that link here in your Topic please?

Thank you🙏

Hello  @releone,

Welcome!

Please tell us what happens when you try to install Google Chrome, please provide as many details as possible so we can try to assist?

& please run a GSI & Windows Logs, upload the zip folder to cloud and post back the link please?

Thank you🙏

Hi Flood good evening, I ran GSI as you requested and I attach the relative zipped file. Thank you

Hello @releone,

Thank you for the data🙏

Is there a reason you’re using KIS version 18?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Of course, there is a reason. And it is because I have always purchased the update card and not the box with KIS 2020 but the program always gives me indication of a completely protected computer I would not know in case it is your problem for Kasperski if I have the 2020 version even if I pay! Is that why I can't install Chrome ??? And if it is important, tell me how to install the 2020 version since the updates are in order and it gives me a deadline in December 2021! I don't think anyway that the problem is the KIS 2018 antivirus rather than 2020 because as mentioned above I also completely disabled KIS but Chrome does not install the same. Regards👍

Hello @releone,

Thank you for replying.

1. Windows:

C:\Windows\Temp        

delete everything in Temp, there may be a few files/folders requesting “Admin permission”, grant the permission, & there may be a few files/folders “In use”, select Skip.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp    

delete everything in Temp, there may be a few files/folders requesting “Admin permission”, grant the permission, & there may be a few files/folders “In use”, select Skip.

2. Make sure there is no folder:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Google - if such a folder exists, delete the folder and contents. 

3. Make sure there is no folder:  C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Google - if such a folder exists, delete the folder and contents. 

4. Reboot the computer, using Windows, Shutdown, not Restart, when the computer is off, power the computer on, login.

5. Uninstall KIS18,  save license information only and follow all directions carefully, including Reboot. 
  6. Install KIS20, follow all directions carefully & at the completion of KIS20 install reboot the computer, using Windows, Shutdown, not Restart. 
  7. Power the computer on, login, make sure KIS20 is running - do not open any browsers atm.
  8. Run a manual KIS Database update - allow it to complete. 
  9. Run a manual KIS Fullscan - allow it to complete. 
  10. When both KIS Database update & KIS Full scan are completely successfully, install Chrome, note: do not disable KIS20 while installing Chrome
  11. If you’re still unable to install Chrome, contact Kaspersky Technical Support, include a new GSI & Windows Logs. The Support Team may request Traces, run as the “unable to install Chrome” issue is replicated, they will guide you with the collection of the Traces. 

Thank you🙏

Hello @releone,

Thank you for replying.

1. Windows:

C:\Windows\Temp        

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp    

2. Make sure there is no folder:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Google - if such a folder exists, delete the folder and contents. 

3. Make sure there is no folder:  C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Google - if such a folder exists, delete the folder and contents. 

4. Reboot the computer, using Windows, Shutdown, not Restart, when the computer is off, power the computer on, login.

5. Uninstall KIS18,  save license information only and follow all directions carefully, including Reboot. 
  6. Install KIS20, follow all directions carefully & at the completion of KIS20 install reboot the computer, using Windows, Shutdown, not Restart. 
  7. Power the computer on, login, make sure KIS20 is running - do not open any browsers atm.
  8. Run a manual KIS Database update - allow it to complete. 
  9. Run a manual KIS Fullscan - allow it to complete. 
  10. When both KIS Database update & KIS Full scan are completely successfully, install Chrome, note: do not disable KIS20 while installing Chrome
  11. If you’re still unable to install Chrome, contact Kaspersky Technical Support, include a new GSI & Windows Logs. The Support Team may request Traces, run as the “unable to install Chrome” issue is replicated, they will guide you with the collection of the Traces. 

Thank you🙏

Good evening @FLOOD  thanks for your patience and your help. I have solved and installed Google Chrome. My son who works in computers was at my house tonight for dinner and he installed it for me. I can't tell you exactly how he did it because he was in a hurry and he did everything quickly anyway he told me more or less that he had searched for a complete google installation file, and so it was possible to correctly install and therefore all right! Something, however, we solved I did not know that it was better to put KIS 20 I always bought the card with the key to continue the updates but the version was left to KIS18 which perhaps did not give problems because the KIS had the green aspect that says " the computer is protected "I still have 344 days of license left so everything is ok. Now I will download the 2020 version thank you very much for the help and with the occasion you will receive the best greetings good 2020 !!!

Hello @releone,

You’re very welcome!

Thank you for posting back, I’m very glad to read the Chrome issue is resolved👌 , please thank your son for assisting👍 .

Regarding uninstalling KIS18 & installing KIS20, please follow my guidelines & the Kaspersky documented instructions. 

Please let me know if there are any problems?

All the best 2020  wishes to you & your family☺

Hello @releone,

You’re very welcome!

Thank you for posting back, I’m very glad to read the Chrome issue is resolved👌 , please thank your son for assisting👍 .

Regarding uninstalling KIS18 & installing KIS20, please follow my guidelines & the Kaspersky documented instructions. 

Please let me know if there are any problems?

All the best 2020  wishes to you & your family☺

Hi @FLOOD I would like to download the 2020 version of KIS but from "my kaspersky" looking among the "downloads" I only see trial versions. Can you tell me where I can download it? Also, once downloaded, can I insert the key that I am using now? Thanks greetings soon! 🖐

Hello  @releone,

1. Regarding the key, yes, you must use the original key.
  2. Regarding the download, please post me the link that is showing “trial”?
  3. Are you using the Download link available in the KIS20 link I posted above? 
  4. Have you done the cleanup steps I specified? Note, this is not causing the “trial" issue, it’s necessary for me to know please? 

Thank you🙏

Sorry @FLOOD but if I leave the 2018 version, however, it gives me a green screen that is perfectly functional, in fact the new deadline is December 2020, what problems are there in your opinion?  Also, why should I not be entitled to a full upgrade if I renew my license?  Am I wrong? With best regards

@releone

Hello  @releone,

• If you’re comfortable with 2018 & wish to stay with 2018, it’s ok. 

Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 release notes

Kaspersky Internet Security 2020 release notes

Maybe ask your son his opinion🤔

(My) personal preference is to use the lastest commercial version.

• Regarding “why should I not be entitled to a full upgrade if I renew my license?”, if/when a license is renewed, there will be no “upgrade” issues.

If there are any continuing issues or concerns, please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Dear @FLOOD I agree that it would be better to put the latest 2020 version but I don't find where to download it. Where he tells me which is the trial version, and where he tells me that I have to pay again! I wouldn't know give me a link from which you can download the 2020 version and I will be happy to use it. Thank you

Hi @FLOOD 
I did not say that I am asked to pay again maybe I explained myself wrongly I said that on "my kaspersky" there are two types of downloads, one for a fee, the other for free trial. I would think that by downloading the free trial maybe I can then insert the key and it becomes effective and functional and no longer free trial. Quite right? Thank you!

@releone 

Ciao @FLOOD ho scaricato e installato quella che credo essere la versione 2020 di KIS mi puoi confermare se ti invio in allegato il GSI e uno screenshot del desktop mi puoi dire se ho scaricato quello giusto? Inoltre chiedo, perche’ l’icona precedente della K rossa è cambiata? Va bene cosi’ o ho scaricato una versione sbagliata? Ti ringrazio infinitamente (scrivo in italiano perche’ vedo che ci sono altri che lo fanno e mi resta piu’ facile 😀 ti ringrazio 🙏  infinitamente per l’attenzione e ti saluto cordialmente, @releone 

@FLOOD scusami di nuovo mi ero dimenticato una cosa, quando inserisco una chiavetta usb, kaspersky mi da 3 possibilita’:

1. non fare niente
  2. eseguire scansione completa (troppo lunga per me)
  3. eseguire una scansione dei rootkit come da link che allego (che sarebbe la mia preferita)

Tu cosa ne pensi puo’ essere sufficiente visto che quasi sempre uso chiavette mie e quindi sicure. Ti ringrazio di nuovo e ti auguro una buona domenica.

Re Leone

ello @releone, 

I must say, your English is much better than my Italian😉 , allow me to reply in English please - the fan on my laptop is dying, I'm doing all my work in 15 minute bursts. 

➡ You have version 20.0.14.1085, bravo👏

• How to find Kaspersky software name, version & patch, there’s several methods:
  • [a] Open KIS, select 🎧Headset🎧  bottom left hand corner of application  = Support window, shows: Operating system name, version & build, Database release date & time, KIS version & patch(x)

• [b] Windows Taskbar, hover 🐀mouse🐀over the Kaspersky shield, a tiny popup window displays: Kaspersky software name, version, patch(x), Databases release date & time.
  • [cWindows Taskbar, right click Kaspersky shield, select About, popup window shows Kaspersky software name, version & patch(x).
  •  [d] To revert to red & black shield, open [cAbout window, on the ⌨ keyboard⌨  type keys: IDDQD  Reboot the computer to apply the change

This is entirely personal choice, it also depends on the backup size, time to run the scan, and if you're confident the contents of the drive (other than root) are completely clean. 
I've lost count of the times people I've helped say: "I lent my USB to a friend, he/she gave it back, now my computer is full of ransomware, malware, etc., etc.”
(imo), if you do not know how “healthy” the contents of the USB are, first, always, do a Full scan, once you are 100% confident, any followup scans can be selecetd according to your requirements.

• Another ‘tip”, in all Kaspersky software applications, every window has a ❔  in the top right hand corner of the screen, (see image above ❔ circled red),  selecting any ❔  will open a browser to a Kaspersky "Help" document, specific to the application screen. 

Please post back if there’s anything more I can do to help?

Thank you🙏

Dear @FLOOD I thank you infinitely for the time I made you lose you were very good at solving all my little problems, for my english you have to thank google as the translator works very well, otherwise my english would have been worse. Thanks again for everything, receive the best regards, good evening
@releone 

Dear @FLOOD I thank you infinitely for the time I made you lose you were very good at solving all my little problems, for my english you have to thank google as the translator works very well, otherwise my english would have been worse. Thanks again for everything, receive the best regards, good evening
@releone

Hello @releone,

Thank you for letting me know all the issues are resolved👌 I’m delighted to read the happy news🤸 It was an absolute pleasure working with you🙏

If you’re more comfortable, scrivere in 🇮, for any future problems, post in B2C 🇮 , the 🇮 Moderators always welcome me there so I will always help, they will also always help & your 🇮 compatriots will read your posts, so may help also and or benefit from the topics you raise and the information shared 🤗