How upgrade a KIS license for additional computers [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by KarDip,

I know this is not a technical question but I don't know where else to ask. I have over a year's worth of time left on my 2-year 3-computer KIS license but I am about to acquire a 4th computer. If I buy a 5-computer license, will lose that remaining time I paid for, or will the new 1 or 2 years worth of license get added to my current 3 computers?

• Solution
Hi, welcome. I would buy a one year licence for the new computer, When that expires then purchase a five year licence for five computers. That way it will balance out for you as you will still have minimal licence on existing three computers. Then add your new five computer licence key code to existing three computers. Hope that helps. Thank you.

Hello Patrick O'Keefe,
  1. Exactly what our friend Kardip has said, sorry Kardip, didn't realise you'd posted, was too busy choosing smilies:wink:
Issues don't have to be technical to be posted to the Community, the lowest common demonitor is that it's related to Kaspersky sofware, meet that benchmark and you're good to go. You've come to the right place:relaxed:. With licensing issues - the Community cannot fix actual issues but we can certainly "guide" . Because your question is a little complicated, I asked the Lab: They said: The only way to syncronise the licence cycle is to buy a single licence for for the new device for 365 days, when the 3 device licence expires, buy a licence for 5 devices & forfeit the days remaining on the single license. They also suggest buying a 5 device license and moving the existing devices to that license with the new device included, that (they said) would free up the 3 device license, meaning there was licenced software available for 8 devices:rolling_eyes: I told them that was dumb, no-one was about to buy 8 devices just to fit with Kaspersky's software licence requirements. Hope this helps, if not please post back? Thanks

Ah! I now see why the Lab suggested buying the 5 device license now. I no longer see an option for buying a single device license; it's 3 or 5. And I'm not sure what happens to my current license if I buy a new one as a new user. The safest path may be to buy a 5 device license under my current account. They don't seem to make adding devices very easy, but I need the additional support by tomorrow so I guess I'd betler make the upgrade right now.

Hello Patrick O'Keefe, Licensing options vary widely based on location - region, for example: KIS:
  1. https://usa.kaspersky.com/
3 Devices, 1 Year
  1. https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/
1 device 1 yr 1 device 2 yrs 3 device 1 yr 3 device 2 yrs 5 devices 1 yr 5 devices 2 yrs
  1. https://www.kaspersky.ru/
1 device 2 years 2 devices 1 year 3 devices 1 year 5 devices 1 year Thanks