how to unlock "checked "personal files on PC using Kaspersky Total Security

facethemusic2

A couple of files on my personal computer have the kaspersky check mark on them which means they are locked. I do not know how or when it happened but I can not get into my pictures or documents. I need to know how to unlock/un-check them. I am the administrator but it keeps saying that I need to be set up as the administrator. Runnng Kaspersky Total Security.

A couple of files on my personal computer have the kaspersky check mark on them which means they are locked. I do not know how or when it happened but I can not get into my pictures or documents. I need to know how to unlock/un-check them. I am the administrator but it keeps saying that I need to be set up as the administrator. Running Kaspersky Total Security.
Hello facethemusic2, Welcome!
  1. Could you show us an image of the files with the Kaspersky "checkmark" please?
  2. Is it possible that the Kaspersky Data Encryption feature was used at some point?
  3. To see if you can access the files, start computer in SafeMode, if the files are accessible, copy to a usb drive, start computer in Normal Mode and restore the files.
  4. Also, while in SafeMode, check the "locked" files permissions?
Please post back? Thank you.