How to see a Notification for quarantined file?

Cyborg

Using Windows 10 with Kaspersky Total Security. I was running a test by creating an EICAR file. KAV detected and quarantined the file. This is fine, as I have it set to Select Action Automatically. I don’t necessarily want to say do this or that with the file and the auto mode is fine.

I would like to see a pop up notification saying a compromised file has been quarantined etc. I didn’t see anything in the settings with this option.

This is in case if I feel I’m compromised then I can run a full scan etc. Without the popup, I may never really know something was quarantined without digging into the log files. Plus I have several non-tech savvy household members who would let me know immediately if they saw a warning.

Hopefully, I’m just missing the setting.

Windows 10 with Kaspersky Total Security. Hopefully, I’m just missing the setting.

Hello @Cyborg,

• 🅰 When the tests were run in the browser, did you get the following EICAR alerts…? {Don’t worry about our Wicar tests, they were additional😎 } :

Link

• The alerts you expect to see, in the Windows notification centre, happen when a malicious file is downloaded & extracted:

Link

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

The browsers’ behavior is as expected. It shows me a notification and prevents the download when I try to download an EICAR file online.

My issue is that I created the EICAR.txt file on a local PC following some online instructions. KAV picks it up and quarantines it but I don’t get notified that it happened.

The browsers’ behavior is as expected. It shows me a notification and prevents the download when I try to download an EICAR file online.

My issue is that I created the EICAR.txt file on a local PC following some online instructions. KAV picks it up and quarantines it but I don’t get notified that it happened.

Hello,

I wish you may need enable a notification about create a backup to quarantines if you require.

Settings → Interface → Notification settings

Regards.

Hello,

I wish you may need enable a notification about create a backup to quarantines if you require.

Regards.

I tried that setting, saved it and created the virus file and I never saw any notification. The KAV icon does turn red and the file is quarantined but I never see a notification.

Hello,

Regards.

I tried that setting, saved it and created the virus file and I never saw any notification. The KAV icon does turn red and the file is quarantined but I never see a notification.

Hello,

Could you check whether the virus has been move to quarantines or not?

Regards.

Hello,

Could you check whether the virus has been move to quarantines or not?

Regards.

Yes, all of the virus files I’ve created are in quarantine.

Hello,

I have a case which seems like you encountered. My issue is that lacking object deleted notification and its Report. I advise you sent your situation to KL support platform. Let them know some notifications has lost in KTS MR3 build.

Regards.

Hi @Cyborg , I reproduced this on my side, we will look deeper into this issue. The workaround would be to enable notification on screen for "Object deleted" and "Object disinfected". I will update the topic when there is news. 

Thank you for your reply!

I have a request case submitted and have been working with Kaspersky to resolve the issue.