How to password protect KIS on android. Or lock KIS app.

domnulgeo

Hi, on windows is easy, but on Android this feature is missing.

Got Android 11, Samsung S10. Latest version of KIS Android.

I tried to password protect Kaspersky Internet Security on Android but i see no option available.

Found in the kaspersky app menu  the block app option, where you put a pin manually for each app selected, but funny thing, only one app si missing there to be protected - kaspersky app.  

Isn’t there password protect, just like on pc, to protect the kaspersky app and it’s settings from being changed?

Thanks.

• Like 1

1. Isn’t there password protect, just like on pc, to protect the kaspersky app and it’s settings from being changed?

Hello @domnulgeo

Welcome!

1. No, on Android devices, there’s no Kaspersky app to protect KIS & KIS cannot be used to lock itself. 
  2. Kaspersky’s App Lock, only locks Kaspersky’s QR code scanner, all other Kaspersky apps in the Android environment are invisible to KIS App Lock - see images at the end of our reply. 

Some people have been using 3rd pty app(s) from Google Play Store to protect KIS, however, if those “solutions” result in KIS malfunctioning & Kaspersky technical support is required, the support contract may be void.  

You may wish to log a request with Kaspersky Consumer Support, via Chat or Email, fill in FeedbackI have a suggestion, or FeedbackI have a complaint template. 

• If you select the Chat option, we recommend you receive a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.
  • Note: not all requests are realised, for those that are, Kaspersky may take a long time, sometimes a very long time → a long time may be two years or more.  
  • Heads-up: going on their current management of Feedback incidents, Kaspersky will log the request, then, after some time, close the request, telling you “you may contact us again in the future in regards to the issue. As of now, it's hard for us to say how long will it take to implement them because all features are planned and evaluated in advance. But do keep an eye out for updates!”
  • Contact us again in the future” is Kaspersky speak for ‘you’ will be required to log a new request, because they’ve closed the original request & ‘you’ may dance that merry dance with them many times😒  
  • ➡ When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏  

Flood🐳 +🐋

Kaspersky installed apps

Seen by KIS App Lock 

Seen by KIS App Lock 

• 1 year later...

Hello ?

It's been a while since this thread started, but do we have the option yet to lock the Kaspersky app. I couldn't find anything in its settings. It's nice that I can lock other apps, but all one would have to do is uninstall Plus to clear all the other app locks, correct?

My version of Plus on Android is 11.97.4.9681. Android version 13.

Thanks 

Edited by jonny quest