How can I make a certain application stop upgrading to the latest version?

So I decided to downgrade to a previous version of a program because I don’t like the changes. KIS just informed me that it upgraded back up to the latest version. How can I stop that from happening again?

So I decided to downgrade to a previous version of a program because I don’t like the changes. KIS just informed me that it upgraded back up to the latest version. How can I stop that from happening again?

Hello @smike

Welcome!

You can’t, Kaspersky have implemented a Total Force Upgrade (TFU) policy, they control which version is used, we don’t get a choice. 

There’s an unauthorised registry hack, however, it’s better to contact Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application Malfunction, Other template; Support may request Traces, Logs & other data → they will guide you:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resource:

Read before you create a new topic!, tutorial by @Danila T.