How can I disable or prompt for scan of USB drives and/eSata drives upon connection in KTS 19?

Eric

How can I disable or prompt for scan of USB drives and/eSata drives upon connection in KTS 19? Currently KTS will automatically scan these drives upon connection, but I would rather have it either ignore these drives and let me initiate the scan on them, or provide me with a prompt to either scan them or not scan them. Thanks, Eric

Hello Eric, Welcome! Thank you for posting this issue - it's a particular "feature" that needs attention. Unfortunately, the only choice available is to kill the scans when they begin. It's very annoying and the options you specify should be available. It would be excellent if you could let the Kaspersky Team know by logging an incident https://my.kaspersky.com/techsupport#/requests/new, choose "I have a suggestion", all requests are reviewed and sometimes, they even materialise. Your suggestion(s) would be a great addition to Kaspersky software. Best regards.

Eric Also and in addition to above comment from FLOOD please check this : https://help.kaspersky.com/KIS/2018/en-US/68154.htm "Full Scan of devices with volume less than 64 GB. When you connect an external device with more than 64 GB of storage space, Kaspersky Internet Security does not scan it and does not prompt you for any actions to take on the connected device. If the external device has less than 64 GB of storage capacity, Kaspersky Internet Security runs a full scan of all files on the external device in accordance with the settings of the Full Scan task."

external drives, not always external to the system. antivirus takes this data (external drive or not) based on system data. if the disk is not displayed here then the system does not define it as external, that is, there is no Extract item in its context menu. If the drive is not external (although you connect it to the external connector), then the settings for checking external drives do not affect it either. And this is not an error in the operation of the antivirus

is there any way you can post that image in English so that I can see exactly what screen I need to be on to determine whether or not the drives are defined as external?
Hello Eric,
Also, anywhere in Kaspersky software that you see a ?, selecting the ? will redirect to a Kaspersky "help" document, specific to the page of the application feature being used. Best regards.