Hosts File Resetting Issue in Kaspersky Total Security on Windows 11

Dear Kaspersky Community,

I am experiencing a persistent issue with Kaspersky Total Security on my Windows 11 system, where the hosts file keeps being reset despite numerous attempts to resolve the problem. Below are the details of my system and the steps I have taken:

System Information:

Operating System: Windows 11 (All updates are up-to-date)

Steps Taken to Resolve the Issue:

Disabling Host Intrusion Prevention:

Navigated to Settings → Protection → Advanced Threat Protection → Host Intrusion Prevention and disabled this component.

Setting Hosts File to Read-Only:

Located the hosts file at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, modified it, and set its properties to read-only. Despite this, Kaspersky continues to reset the file.

Adding Hosts File to Exclusions:

Added the hosts file to the exclusions list via Settings → Protection → File Anti-Virus → Exclusions, and included the path C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.

Advanced Configuration Adjustments:

Thoroughly checked the Advanced Settings under File Anti-Virus and System Watcher to ensure no unnecessary monitoring or resetting of the hosts file.

Temporarily Disabling Kaspersky:

Temporarily disabled Kaspersky Total Security by exiting the application from the system tray before modifying the hosts file. After setting it to read-only, I restarted Kaspersky.

Despite following these steps meticulously, the issue persists. My modified hosts file continues to be reset by Kaspersky Total Security, causing significant inconvenience. I am considering uninstalling Kaspersky if a viable solution cannot be provided.

I kindly request your expertise in resolving this issue. Any additional steps or configurations I may have overlooked would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to your prompt response and a workable solution.

Thank you for your assistance.

kaspersky_hosts.png