Hone.gg flagged as Trojan-Alien

Hone is a PC optimization software found on hone.gg (download for it). It’s flagged by Kaspersky, but apparently they have 150000 users and their discord has 40000 members, they’re also signed by overwolf and have sponsorship deals with YouTubers.

Could someone determine legitimacy of this software? 

Along with this, if a malicious file was put in the trusted group of intrusion prevention, would its activity not be monitored? (If a user put it in trusted). I use a default deny setup but allowed some of the files by putting them in trusted until I got to the one flagged by Kaspersky.

Edited by Xeno2ig

• The title was changed to Hone.gg flagged as Trojan-Alien
55 minutes ago, Xeno2ig said:

Hone is a PC optimization software found on hone.gg (download for it). It’s flagged by Kaspersky, but apparently they have 150000 users and their discord has 40000 members, they’re also signed by overwolf and have sponsorship deals with YouTubers.

Could someone determine legitimacy of this software? 

Along with this, if a malicious file was put in the trusted group of intrusion prevention, would its activity not be monitored? (If a user put it in trusted). I use a default deny setup but allowed some of the files by putting them in trusted until I got to the one flagged by Kaspersky.

Hello @Xeno2ig

Welcome back!

1. Please share a full-screen image, of the Kaspersky Report - for the alert - including the Details - in the lower part of the screen? 

Note: (you) can filter the Report to hide any personal information before posting, read: Reports window

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added resource

1 minute ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Xeno2ig

Thank you for the image. 

Follow *all* steps in this guide: What to do if a Kaspersky application blocks my website or application

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Im not sure if its 100% malicious, or safe, thats why im asking someone to check it.

Also, another question I have. Is there a way to lock people out of my Kaspersky Password Manager Vault? I've changed the main password, but it looks like once you do that, you are able to use a old password on other devices for a not updated version of the vault.

24 minutes ago, Xeno2ig said:
  1. Im not sure if its 100% malicious, or safe, thats why im asking someone to check it.
  2. Also, another question I have. Is there a way to lock people out of my Kaspersky Password Manager Vault? I've changed the main password, but it looks like once you do that, you are able to use a old password on other devices for a not updated version of the vault.

Hello @Xeno2ig

Thank you for posting back!

1. Kaspersky Virus Lab *experts* are the *only* Kaspersky team who are *qualified* to verify false positives.  
  2. Combining a KPM topic with a Virus and Ransomware topic😵

Allow us to share a tip with you @Xeno2ig, this guide: Read before you create a new topic!, which Danila T. put a lot of effort into writing, helps you - help us - it *also* applies if (you) are going to introduce a *new* topic into a completely *unrelated* topic!

IF there's a KPM *vault* on multiple devices & the *old* Master password is still working on those old devices, perhaps synchronization is not working? Since the KPM Master password change on the primary device - have *all* devices been shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN not Restart, when the computer if fully OFF - power ON by pressing the power button & logged into & then rechecked? 

IF the answer is 'Yes', log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts . 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
numbering

36 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Xeno2ig

Thank you for posting back!

1. Kaspersky Virus Lab *experts* are the *only* Kaspersky team who are *qualified* to verify false positives.  
  2. Combining a KPM topic with a Virus and Ransomware topic😵

Allow us to share a tip with you @Xeno2ig, this guide: Read before you create a new topic!, which Danila T. put a lot of effort into writing, helps you - help us - it *also* applies if (you) are going to introduce a *new* topic into a completely *unrelated* topic!

IF there's a KPM *vault* on multiple devices & the *old* Master password is still working on those old devices, perhaps synchronization is not working? Since the KPM Master password change on the primary device - have *all* devices been shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN not Restart, when the computer if fully OFF - power ON by pressing the power button & logged into & then rechecked? 

IF the answer is 'Yes', log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts . 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Answer is Yes. I am talking to K customer service now