Has my computer been infected?

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

I received an email supposedly from myself stating that the individual had hijacked my email account and provided my email account password as proof. Obviously they wanted cash.

I went onto my ISP website and changed my email password and checked nothing was being forwarded. When I logged out I was notified to close all open browsers. I thought this was strange so rang the ISP support. It looks like my password was updated but they thought that the reason for the open browser notice was because my computer and/or phone had been infected with malware.

The ISP support team said I should get my laptop and phone checked by professionals before logging in to my ISP account.

I am now having difficulties sending email but I can receive them.

Early in the morning of the next day I was notified that someone was trying to login to my facebook account.

I have downloaded the latest database and run a full scan straightaway using my Kaspersky Total Security but it said it was safe with no threats detected. The scan was run with the ‘detect other software’ box ticked.

I re-ran the scan today with the same results although the scan stopped at 97% for some reason.

Is it likely that I have malware that Kaspersky isn’t finding?

Would it be worth paying for the Kaspersky support so they could look at my devices or do I need to try another solution?

Thanks Berny,

I’ve run 4 full scans in the last few days with no threats detected and this was the first time it’s not finished.

My hardware is compatible with Kaspersky Total security and the iSwift & iChecker boxes were ticked.

1. Win version Windows 10 Ver 21H1 Build 19043.1288
  2. Kaspersky Total security (Paid version) 21.3.10.391 (f)

So currently no known malware is getting past Kaspersky scan & I can assume the ISP tech support were just covering their butts and my info was picked up via an internet breach? That had been my first thought as my email address has been in a few breaches but the ISP tech did panic me.

• Solution

Hello @Paul1098 !

1. As we can see, you have a licence for our products.  You should feel free to contact our support team about this situation: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts
  2. Your email account has probably been compromised. You can check this via KIS for Android: https://support.kaspersky.com/KISA/Android_11.77/en-US/216083.htm
  3. You did the right thing by changing your email password. But we advise you to change the passwords on all the resources (including MyKaspersky) where this email was used to log in.

Thanks.