Google Maps is centered on a city from where KTS automatically routes the request through a foreign country

Mikehowe

Recently (Aug 2019), after logging in to a secure site such as Internet Banking, where my Kaspersky Total Security automatically routes the request through a foreign country, my Google Maps is centred on a city from that country. Eg, Madrid in Spain, Frankfurt in Germany. And the language is in the relevant country language. Is there a way to permanently stop this re-location? Thanks Mike

Recently (Aug 2019), after logging in to a secure site such as Internet Banking, where my Kaspersky Total Security automatically routes the request through a foreign country, my Google Maps is centred on a city from that country. Eg, Madrid in Spain, Frankfurt in Germany. And the language is in the relevant country language. Is there a way to permanently stop this re-location? Thanks Mike
Hello Mikehowe
  1. Can you please clarify "after logging in to a secure site such as Internet Banking, where my Kaspersky Total Security automatically routes the request through a foreign country,"
---- Kaspersky Total Security is the av software, and rerouting traffic is not a "normal" function, however, with Kaspersky Total Security (KTS), comes Kaspersky Secure Connection, Kaspersky's VPN pre-installedv & during the KTS install process, the VPN is installed in an enabled state. Oftentimes folks are not aware the VPN is busy managing all sorts of functions, like rerouting traffic, to 18 virtual servers, in remote locations. I know, when my VPN is active & routed thru Germany, for example, I open a Google browser, go to, for example, https://my.kaspersky.com/, the signin page is in German. Or, I do a Google search, "where am I right now?", it's tells me: ( I can assure you, unfortunately, that's not where I am) The Kaspersky VPN looks like: & in the Taskbar, ---- If you do not have this, then we need to more information please to help you get to the bottom of the issue: Please tell us:
  1. Operating system (a) full name? (b) version? (c) build?
  2. KTS version? patch(x)? x = letter? Free or Licensed? (see note2 at the end of my reply)
  3. Browser(s) name(s)? version(s)?
  4. Have you checked your operating system location & sensor settings?
  5. Also, check if any browsers, have location "on"
  6. Have you reset the browser(s)?
Note1: neither 4.or 5. should cause the issue you're reporting, but it's worth checking both. Please let us know? Thank you:pray_tone3:. Note2: Kaspersky free software has (config) limitations, advertising & no Technical Support. If we know this, we ensure we never waste your time, advising you, for example: "contact Technical Support".