Google Drive - unable to download files while KIS is active

Hoggorm
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello,

I’ve received this link to a Google Drive containing some files that I’d like to download.

When KIS is active I am unable to download any files.

I’ve tried to add the link to Web-Inti virus URL exception, but I’m only able to download files from the Drive if I disable Kaspersky for a few minutes.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

Hello @Hoggorm

Welcome back!

1. Which KIS version & patch(x) is installed, on the Windows taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. Has the  ” Google Drive - unable to download files “ just started or always existed? 
  3. Is there an error when ”Google Drive - unable to download files with KIS active “ happens? 
  4. Post a full screen image of what you see when ”Google Drive - unable to download files with KIS active “ happens? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

1 - Version 21.2.16.590 (b)

2 - It started about a week ago.

3 - No errors. It is just not possible to click the download links. It is as if there is just an image on the screen instead of links with files.

4 - 

With KIS active
With KIS de-active
With KIS de-active

• Solution
  1. Version 21.2.16.590 (b)
  2.  It started about a week ago.
  3. No errors. It is just not possible to click the download links. It is as if there is just an image on the screen instead of links with files.

Hello @Hoggorm

Thank you for the information & the images👌 ​​​​​​

1. Has a browser reset/cleanup been down?
  2. Does the same issue happen if the files are accessed using a Firefox & or Edge Chromium browser? 
  3. Is KIS set at default settings or have any configuration changes been made? 
  4. In Google Drive, if you were to rightclick on any one of the Tacview files, there’s no “Save as” function offered? 
  • 🅰As a test only, shutdown/exit the browser, in KIS, uncheck Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages -→ image 1, start the browser, are you able to download Google Drive files? 
  • 🅱As a test only, shutdown/exit the browser, in KIS, Encrypted connections scan, Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components, ADD a, Google drive exclusion = Active → image 2, start the browser, are you able to download Google Drive files? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thank you Flood!

1 - No, but the problem appears in Edge and Firefox as well.

2 - Yes

3 - Basically default except a few minor changes

4A - This worked indeed :) So I turned it back on again and tried 4B. This worked also :)

I did try 4b myself before asking here on the forums, but then I used the full URL to that specific Google Drive, not just drive.google.com. Following your suggestion solved the issue as far as I can see!

Thanks a lot!

Hello @Hoggorm

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for taking the time to let us know👌 ​​​​​​

We’re delighted KIS, Encrypted connections scan, Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection componentsADD a Google drive exclusion = Active resolved the issue🤸

Thank you for reversing  Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages back to checked, that particular setting impacts other KIS features, it’s not a recommended solution. 

Best regards,

Flood🐳 +🐋