[Gaming Mode Enabled!] Kaspersky Total Security 2017 update failure [Solved][Closed]

andyang
Go to solution Solved by Friend,

Hi Guys, I have installed KTS 2017 some time ago and have not been able to update database since last week. FYI, I installed KTS 2017 on ASUS Win 10 operating system and this is the first time I am experiencing this issue. Here is the snippet of the report ran after the update failure: I have not made any configuration changes to the software nor to the operating system. Could anyone kindly suggest how I should fix this problem as the program has not been updated for a couple of days? Thanks Andy

Hi andyang, welcome to the new Kaspersky Community. Download Kaspersky KTS, 2019 version Now uninstall Kaspersky 2017, reboot, and install Kaspersky KTS, 2019 version. Thank you.
Hi Kar, Would my KTS 2017 key work on KTS 2019 product? Is it because my software version too outdated? :sweat_smile:

Hi andyang Judging by the screenshots, you already have the 2019 version installed. Disable game mode in the performance section of Kaspersky Total Securityhttps://support.kaspersky.com/14879 to resolve the update issue.
Hi , Thanks for your reply. I disabled the game mode and successfully updated the database. For the record, am I supposed to disable game mode forever?

Hi andyang , Quote. Is it because my software version too outdated? Sorry i forgot to ask you below. Do you mean your Licence key is outdated? Thank you.
Hi Kar, That is alright. I meant the software version. But all good now, database is now being updated. Thanks for your help. Regards Andy