Firewall rules: Wildcard characters for URLs?

Hello

I’d like to block any application from making network connection to certain sites/URLs  containing certain strings like “analytics”. How do I do this?

For eg, I tried to create a packet rule, blocking Addreses from the list, Remote address =*analytics* , but Kaspersky reports Invalid format.

Whats the wildcard character understood/accepted by Kaspersky for network addresses?  IP addresses can keep changing and I’d like to use URL filters where possible.

Thanks

I’d like to block any application from making network connection to certain sites/URLs  containing certain strings like “analytics”. How do I do this?

For eg, I tried to create a packet rule, blocking addreses from the list, Remote address =*analytics* , but Kaspersky reports Invalid format.

What’s the wildcard character understood/accepted by Kaspersky for network addresses?  IP addresses can keep changing and I’d like to use URL filters where possible.

Hello again @avkts100

Inbound & outbound data is not defined by URLs, please read KTS Packet rules.

You may wish to log a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, either via your MyKaspersky account or via Online Chat

Please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks for the response, but thats really unfortunate, that a top AV/Firewall like Kaspersky doesnt support URL filtering.. Another firewall supports wildcard character * for URL blocking.

I did read those packet rules earlier..and infact in addition to IP addresses as mentioned in that note, it does support comma separated URLs. So I ended up hardcoding a list of sites in the Address field and it does block those..  It just doesnt accept wildcard characters.

Let me try logging in a request, but  I am a trial user now..saw somewhere I need to be a registered user to raise tickets.   I do like Kaspsersky - seems very solid AV..,but firewall needs to be more streamlined, looks like..

Let me try logging in a request, but  I am a trial user now. saw somewhere I need to be a registered user to raise tickets. 

Hello @avkts100

Correct, no technical support is available for Kaspersky’s home AV trial software. 

However, they have the option to use their discretion, so, you may wish to proceed. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋