ff.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com issue

Cannot access any single Web page in private browsing window in Firefox. Witnessing “Waiting for ff.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com...”

All known “should-be-solutions” like clearing browser cache, turning off script injection, rebooting, etc has been tried.

What the heck is going off? Why in the World Kaspersky software could alter Web-page URL I have entered manually? Is it really spy software? What’s going on, guys? 

Turn this off. I have paid for transparent virus scanning, not for breaching into my Web-experience. Just turn that off. Thank you.

Cannot access any single Web page in private browsing window in Firefox. Witnessing “Waiting for ff.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com...”  All known “should-be-solutions” like clearing browser cache, turning off script injection, rebooting, etc has been tried.

Hello @Pavel Burov

Welcome!

1. If you’re not using Kaspersky Internet Security (version 21.2.16.590 + patch (a) & (b), update & recheck? 
  2. Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support

Note:  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi @Pavel Burov , 

Sorry to hear about this issue.

What the heck is going off? Why in the World Kaspersky software could alter Web-page URL I have entered manually? Is it really spy software? What’s going on, guys? 

Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages

If the check box is selected, Kaspersky Total Security injects a web page interaction script into web traffic. This script ensures the operation of such components as Safe Money, Private Browsing, Anti-Banner, and URL Advisor.

Please provide more details on the products you had installed/removed? Follow the advice from Flood to install the latest version (if not already). Which product/version you have now?

No issue in normal browser mode, issue occurs only in private browsing mode?

Regards,

Igor

• 4 months later...

When I try to access my iCloud drive through Firefox 88 on Win 10 Pro x64 20H2, I’m redirected to ff.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com

I had Kaspersky Free Antivirus 21 installed to try, but didn’t like it (too many ads) and uninstalled it.  Cleared FF cache.  Rebooted.  Still being redirected.

Why is my FF browser being hijacked?

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to access my iCloud drive through Firefox 88 on Win 10 Pro x64 20H2, I’m redirected to ff.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com

I had Kaspersky Free Antivirus 21 installed to try, but didn’t like it (too many ads) and uninstalled it.  Cleared FF cache.  Rebooted.  Still being redirected. Why is my FF browser being hijacked?

Hello @Ken Brown

We’re so sorry for the later reply😥

1. Has Firefox been reset to Default
  2. Is the “ ff.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com” issue only happening with iCloud? 
  3. Do you use CCleaner, if “yes”, run the Custom clean & recheck “ ff.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com” issue? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

After a couple of days of this very annoying hijack and not hearing anything on the community forum, I refreshed FF and lost all my cookies and add-ons :(  Took me a couple of hours to rebuild FF but thankfully I was no longer being redirected.  Because of this bad experience, I’ve uninstalled all Kaspersky products on all my devices and no longer recommend it to my circle of friends.

Thanks anyways for your time.

Ken