Failed to activate the subscription. Switch to Kaspersky Security Cloud from Free.

Hi,
I’m using Kaspersky Free that works ok. Today, it proposed to move to another (free) version called Kaspersky Security Cloud Free. After clicking on “Upgrade Now”, it asks for login (that works ok) but then sops with error: “Failed to activate the subscription….”

Thanks for helping me fix this.
Thomas.

Hello @ThomasT,

Welcome!

• 1 In your MyKaspersky account, disconnect the device → image1, accept OK to the popup → image2

• 2Uninstall KAV Free, make sure to shutdown the device using Shutdown, not Restart at the completion of the uninstall, power device on, login. 

[a] Check C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab, make sure there are no KAV Free folders or files?

Check C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab, make sure there are no KAV Free folders or files?

[c] Check C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab Setup Files, make sure there are no files or folders in this path? 

• 4 Check Kaspersky Security Cloud system requirements?
  • 5 Check Kaspersky Security Cloud software compatibility conflicts
  • 6 Download and install Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, at the completion of the install, before trying to connect the application to the MyKaspersky portal, make sure to 7 shutdown the device using Shutdown, not Restart, power device on, login, from the 8 Kaspersky Security Cloud application go thru the activation process again:

Works?👌, please let us know?

Doesn’t work😓 , please let us know & post a GSI & Windows Logs?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thanks, clearing everything and installing from scratch will probably work. But that isn’t the question. I asked about the upgrade that IS proposed by Kaspersky and is boguous.
This software is about confidence and trustworthiness. If it hangs here, there is no point to go on and make DIY tricks.
Thanks.

Hello @ThomasT,

You’re welcome!

• Please excuse us for misunderstanding, when we read “Thanks for helping me fix this”, we thought you were genuinely requesting “help” from the Kaspersky Community🤔
  • An activation issue does not mean software is “bogus”, there could be many contributing factors, commonly machines and operating systems not correctly prepared🙄 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Yes, I desire help with the error displayed in the screen-shot I provided. The Kaspersky specific error “Failed to activate the subscription; there was an error… (you know, that error)” is as precise as Microsoft's “Something went wrong”. There isn’t any better place to ask then here I guess...

Hello @ThomasT,

• Correct - here is where it’s at. 
  • Sadly, unlike KAV Free, Kaspersky has chosen not to publish Kaspersky Security Cloud Free documentation, despite the fact there’s significant differences between the licensed software & the free software, and all of the existing documentation does not cover the issue you’ve reported. 
  • The Community cannot fix this for you, all we can do is try to help you help yourself
  • I’m sure there’s other Community members who are just busting their britches, to spend time, working with you. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

As an IT Pro, I spend myself allot of time to help others in my domain of expertise. Kapersky is not part of it.
If I select “Change account”  (even so I only have one account), it accepts the login and the exact same error comes back.
As a proof that there is no account issue is that I can log in to my account on the regular webpage.
Thanks.