Facing Some Issues with i7 Laptops and Kaspersky Internet Security. Any Advice?

Hello everyone,

I’ve been encountering some issues with my i7 laptop while using Kaspersky, and I’m looking for some advice or possible solutions from anyone who has faced similar problems.

Details:

• Laptop Specs: Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, running Windows 11.
  • Kaspersky Product: Kaspersky Internet Security

The Issues:

1. Performance Slowdowns: My laptop has become sluggish, especially when running multiple applications simultaneously. This started after installing Kaspersky Internet Security.
  2. High CPU Usage: Kaspersky often shows high CPU usage, particularly during scans or updates, causing other programs to lag.
  3. System Freezes: Occasionally, my laptop freezes temporarily when Kaspersky is running in the background.

Steps I’ve Tried:

• Updated Kaspersky to the latest version and ensured all system drivers are up to date.
  • Adjusted Kaspersky’s scan settings to reduce the impact on system resources.
  • Disabled some of the additional security features, but the performance issues persist.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with Kaspersky on an i7 laptop? Any advice or recommendations on how to fix these problems would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Could you please observe whether these applications that cause system lag are included in the Trusted Applications in the Trust Zone, excluding the application behavior that does not monitor the behavior of the application and the behavior of its child processes? Here's the setup:

2024-09-06_145328.thumb.jpg.3bcb5e336f1d315de549878894f1cf84.jpg

If the lag is caused by network traffic, you can disable monitoring of network traffic. As you can see in the screenshot above.

Regards.