Excluding Certificates

stuart264

I am having a problem with a persistent issue since switching to Kaspersky related to certificates on my machine for a work related program that I must have but is throwing up an error of “SSL connection with invalid certificate detected”  I have been through the knowledgebase and found the problem ties back to the certificates being signed and issued by the same authority and I know from reading other replies on here that I need to add an exception.

My question is how do I add exceptions for certificates or do I have to add the application to “trusted applications”? (and trust me on this, it isn't trusted I have to have the program but its a complete bag of bolts with one of the worst reputations in the industry for tech support, I wont name them as I really don't want this issue coming back to bite me in xxx xxx)

Hi @stuart264 , 

Yes, you can configure an exclusion for the application via Settings → Threats and Exclusions → Specify trusted applications → Add → find the app .exe → mark ‘Do not scan encrypted traffic’ → type the IP address. 

Or via Settings → Network Settings → Trusted Addresses → Add → type the URL of the website.