Every Proton VPN update requires 30 or more individual "allow" actions

Marti

Each time I update Proton VPN app on Windows 10, at least 30 times Kaspersky displays a message that “pssxxxx.ps1” wants to do some potentially dangerous action. Every time I say “Trust the Application”.

But the xxxx in the application name appears to be a random mix of 4 hex digits. So the next time I update the app I have to “allow” all over again. The main Proton VPN app is listed in Trusted Applications.

These .ps1 files are stored in c:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp so obviously they are temporary files.

Any idea how I can solve this problem? TIA.

hi @Marti , 

Please submit a ticket to technical support via https://my.kaspersky.com and send me the incident number. 

If you are using a non-commercial version of Kaspersky, please include a link to this forum post in your request to support. 

As a workaround you can try to add Proton VPN to exclusions via Settings -> Protection -> Application Control -> Manage applications -> search for Proton VPN -> double click on the found application in the results below -> tab Exclusions.

Regards,

Igor

Thank you Igor. I have submitted the support ticket. INC000011947416

FYI, I never could find my Kaspersky version number within your app. I had to go to Control Panel to see it. Normally there is an About section or a Help section that contains the version number. The Help function in my Kaspersky app goes to the web.

Thanks,

Marti

you are welcome, Marti. We got the incident, thank you. 
The easiest way to find out the version is to hover the mouse pointer over the Kaspersky icon in Windows tray. 

Other ways:

• right click on the product icon and choose About
  • in the program click on the support icon (a man’s head with a microphone in the lower bottom corner) 

Regards,

Igor