EU Licences post Brexit

Hi,

Does any one know whether EU licences are still valid to use in the UK now we are no longer part of the EU?

My current EU licence is still working, but is due to run out shortly, and I was wondering if there is now going to be a UK specific licence for KIS.

Any ideas?

Hello @Ashleyj,

Welcome!

According to Kaspersky Technical experts:

quote:

• As of 31st January 2020, the UK is no longer a part of the EU.
  • They have entered a transition period which is due to end 31st December, 2020.
  • During this transition period, consumer rights remain unchanged.

unquote

• From what we understand, no changes will be made to software & or licenses, during the transition period. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

References:

Thanks Flood.

I will purchase a new 1 year EU licence and keep my fingers crossed that it still works after the 31st December.

Hopefully by then they may have decided what the ongoing situation is going to be.

• 7 months later...

There is a lot of dealing between Europe and the United Kingdom, which won't replace overnight. If there is no trade deal, it could mean higher prices in United Kingdom shops. There could also be loitering as lorries bringing products would need even more border checks. Brexit supporters say leaving Europe will give the United Kingdom more freedom to strike trade give out around the world. For more information about this topic you can read the blog: https://theangeltrust.com/impacts-of-brexit-on-trusts-and-tax-policies/