Error saving the document 7WR018 Holocaust 01: Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights.

1. Version of your operating system WINDOWS 10 64 BIT BUILD 20H2 19042.1052
  2. Name and version number of the Kaspersky applicationKASPERSKY TOTAL SECURITY 21.3.10.391(C)
  3. Explain in details the nature of your problem:

When using Libre Office Writer and Calc:

Both LO Writer and Calc have stopped saving documents and come up with these error messages:

1. Error saving the document 7WR018 Holocaust 01: Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights.
  2. Error saving the document 7WR018 Holocaust 01: C:\Users\koshk\AppData\Local\Temp\lu7508fd89.tmp\lu7508fd8k.tmp does not exist.
  3. Error saving the document 7WR018 Holocaust 01: Access to C:\Users\koshk\Dropbox\Military Research#Wolverhampton SWW MA\Essays\3. Holocaust\HGWDavie 1909 913- 7WR018 Holocaust 01.odt was denied.

I have reinstalled a more stable version of Libre Office and they both have the same error. Versions 7.0.6 and 7.1.2

I am using a custom template but have been using the same for years with no problems. My version of Libre Office is used with only one extention and that is for the Zotero citation manager.

I have tried saving the file to both Documents (which works for the first time but not on subsequent occassions) and to the folder within DropBox (which never works).

Reply from the LibreOffice Help Forum:

It looks like a third party (Kapersky) blocking access to folders rather than Windows Defender which blocks first access attempt and anyway, would have been switched off automatically when Kapersky was installed.

You will need to look through the instructions in Kapersky to add soffice.bin (LibreOffice) to a whitelist/trusted list/allowed list or similar.

Don't type in soffice.bin, there should be a button to navigate to the file, click that. A dialog box to navigate to the app you want to add will appear. We need to add soffice.bin which won't appear as an app, so assuming you have a standard 64 bit install the path is C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\program\soffice.bin, otherwise navigate to the folder and start writing in soffice.bin and the file should appear as a choice. Click on it, then click Open.

My reply:

Followed your instructions to the letter but it still stops me from saving documents and it will not allow me to open any of the previous documents and comes up with the permissions problem as before. 

It always comes up saying 1) Error saving the document Wolverhampton essay template: C:\Users\koshk\AppData\Local\Temp\lu9100as0vbx.tmp\lu9100as0vca.tmp does not exist 2) Error saving the document Wolverhampton essay template: Access to C:\Users\koshk\Dropbox\Military Research#Wolverhampton SWW MA\Essays\4. Axis and Allies\Wolverhampton essay template.odt was denied. 3) Error saving the document Wolverhampton essay template: Object not accessible.

Please can you have a look to see if this is a Kaspersky AV problem which is causing this permission problems as I am currently locked out of all of my university course work.

Kind regards

Hello,

I have installed the latest libre office 7.1.4.2 and KTS 2021 MR3 in windows 10 21h1 x64.

I do the following steps to try to reproduce your issue, But unfortunately, I can not encounter any problem when libre office save the file to disk. Does I miss some steps, If yes, Please let me know. How about your KL product settings and do you use any other av product and enable its real-time protection function?

1. open a libre office witter.
  2. new a document.
  3. input some words and add a sheet.
  4. save the file to desktop.  →  No any problem.
  5. close libre witter.
  6. double-click the saved file in desktop to reopen it.
  7. edit it (change the color of the words and etc...).
  8. save again  → Also no any problem.

The result is:

When you open a libre office file, the application will create a tmp file in %temp% folder and let you edit the file. if you save and close the application, the temp file will write back to the original file and delete the temp file automatically.

If this issue you mentioned occur, The only influencing factors are the two components of File Anti-Virus and System Wather.  But It seems OK for me. So I suspect that there are other programs with file filtering functions in your computer system that caused this problem. Could you check it? Please tell us the result.

Regards.

Hello,

I have installed the latest libre office 7.1.4.2 and KTS 2021 MR3 in windows 10 21h1 x64.

I do the following steps to try to reproduce your issue, But unfortunately, I can not encounter any problem when libre office save the file to disk. Does I miss some steps, If yes, Please let me know. How about your KL product settings and do you use any other av product and enable its real-time protection function?

2. new a document.
  5. close libre witter.

The result is:

When you open a libre office file, the application will create a tmp file in %temp% folder and let you edit the file. if you save and close the application, the temp file will write back to the original file and delete the temp file automatically.

If this issue you mentioned occur, The only influencing factors are the two components of File Anti-Virus and System Wather.  But It seems OK for me. So I suspect that there are other programs with file filtering functions in your computer system that caused this problem. Could you check it? Please tell us the result.

Regards.

What you are doing is correct except for the destination where you save the file.

I am trying to save the file to

1. My documents and usually the file will save in this instance
  2. I try and save it in my normal working file location which is with the DropBox folder. The address for this would be: C:\Users\koshk\Dropbox\Military Research\#Wolverhampton SWW MA\Essays\3. Holocaust. You can see the files that I cannot open in this screenshot.

Hello,

2. new a document.
  5. close libre witter.

The result is:

Regards.

What you are doing is correct except for the destination where you save the file.

I am trying to save the file to

1. My documents and usually the file will save in this instance
  2. I try and save it in my normal working file location which is with the DropBox folder. The address for this would be: C:\Users\koshk\Dropbox\Military Research\#Wolverhampton SWW MA\Essays\3. Holocaust. You can see the files that I cannot open in this screenshot.

Hello,

Could you tell me it is normal without problem when you save the file in others place except dropbox syn folder?

Another question: What the problem behavior after you disable file-antivirus and system wather function in KL settings?

Regards.

Hello,

Could you tell me it is normal without problem when you save the file in others place except dropbox syn folder?

I have only tried saving the files to a)DropBox b) My documents (which is outside DropBox folder) when the save seems to work for the first time but not subsequently.

Another question: What the problem behavior after you disable file-antivirus and system wather function in KL settings?

If I disable Kaspersky Total Security entirely, it does not seem to change the behaviour. The save still fails. 

Regards.

Hello @MIkhail Koshkin

Thank you for the information, the Libre Office data in the KTS report is normal.👌

While you’re waiting for @Wesly.Zhang, we noticed there’s  “The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights” topics in the Openoffice forums, have you looked at the solutions provided there? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @MIkhail Koshkin

Thank you for the information, the Libre Office data in the KTS report is normal.👌

While you’re waiting for @Wesly.Zhang, we noticed there’s  “The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights” topics in the Openoffice forums, have you looked at the solutions provided there? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello,

I suspect there is a problem with your account permissions. What’s your idea?

Regards.

Hello,

I have only tried saving the files to a)DropBox b) My documents (which is outside DropBox folder) when the save seems to work for the first time but not subsequently.

Another question: What the problem behavior after you disable file-antivirus and system wather function in KL settings?

If I disable Kaspersky Total Security entirely, it does not seem to change the behaviour. The save still fails. 

Regards.

Hello,

I suspect there is a problem with your account permissions. Can you right-click the libre office file and check its file attributes whether is read-only or not?

And Do you try to restore libre office user profile? https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile.

Libre office developer recommend user do this first:

Many problems in LibreOffice can be caused by corruption in the user profile.

When noticing strange behavior in LibreOffice the first thing to do is to reset the user profile.

Regards.

Hello @MIkhail Koshkin

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello Flood

I posted the question over at the Libre Officer forum but we got nowhere there so they sent me over to the Kaspersky forum. Before starting I did try at the OpenOffice forum although the LibreOffice one tends to be more active.

Hello,

I suspect there is a problem with your account permissions. Can you right-click the libre office file and check its file attributes whether is read-only or not?

And Do you try to restore libre office user profile? https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile.

When noticing strange behavior in LibreOffice the first thing to do is to reset the user profile.

Regards.

Hi Wesly.Zhang

I think that you are right the account permissions are the problem. I have checked and the files are not Read-Only. See screenshots.

Restoring the user profile was the first thing that I did but it did not solve the problem.

Filesize seems to be 19 kb

Hello @MIkhail Koshkin

Hello @MIkhail Koshkin

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello Flood

I posted the question over at the Libre Officer forum but we got nowhere there so they sent me over to the Kaspersky forum. Before starting I did try at the OpenOffice forum although the LibreOffice one tends to be more active.

Hello @MIkhail Koshkin

Thank you for the update👌

That’s interesting, as we read the same question/answers in their forums… 

IF KTS is OFF & the problem still happens, it may not be KTS🤔

1. Have you tried creating a new Windows profile & testing? 
  2. Another definitive test would be to fully uninstall KTS, reboot & retest? 

Please keep us informed? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello,

Regards.

Hi Wesly.Zhang

I think that you are right the account permissions are the problem. I have checked and the files are not Read-Only. See screenshots.

Restoring the user profile was the first thing that I did but it did not solve the problem.

Filesize seems to be 19 kb

Hello,

Please do a test : reduce the file name length to check this issue again. if it doesn’t work, Please do a advanced test via the following step.

1. open the libre office file and copy its file name.
  2. use microsoft process explorer tools and paste the file name to the following place and do search. the result is the same as me? only soffice.bin handle this opened file?

Anyway, Do you contact KL support before , what about they say?

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...