Error message from Windows Task Scheduler

Go to solution Solved by JL - KL DACH,

Today when i opened Windows Task Scheduler, i received the following message:

Task UpdateConfiguration_S-1-5-80-<SNIP>: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.
After searching a bit, i found the problematic Task file. It contains the following info:

<RegistrationInfo>
    <Author>Microsoft Visual Studio</Author>
    <URI>\Microsoft\VisualStudio\Updates\UpdateConfiguration_S-1-5-80-<SNIP></URI>
  </RegistrationInfo>

<Principals>
    <Principal id="Author">
      <LogonType>InteractiveToken</LogonType>
      <RunLevel>LeastPrivilege</RunLevel>
      <UserId>NT SERVICE\ksnproxy</UserId>
    </Principal>
  </Principals>

It seems it has something to do with Kaspersky products, right? About 3-4 months ago, we (at work) uninstalled the KES products we had (with a local version of the Kaspersky Console) and went on Cloud. Could this perhaps be a remnant of the old product or it's something current that has somehow been broken? I've searched around and can't find anywhere a local user "ksnproxy". Except from removing the task file, how can it be fixed?

Edited by inv15

• Solution

Hello inv15,

this is a left over of an old or another Kaspersky Product installation because KSNProxy is a service which will be installed as part of Administrationserver or Network Agent (not Cloud version). So this entry should be removed or ignored for KES Cloud Version. In KES Cloud this service is not installed and needed.

I hope I have been able to help you and remain
with Best Regards

3 minutes ago, Joerg Lechea said:

I hope I have been able to help you

Yes, it was right to the point. I'll delete the relevant task then. Thank you.