Endpoint cloud plus: Exclude scanning mapped drives [MOVED]

Go to solution Solved by Guest #37,

Hi there, I'm trialing "Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud Plus". I don't want any of my PC's scanning the S:\ as this is a drive which exists on our server - - the server can scan this drive. Does anyone know how I can exclude it from the scheduled PC scans? Thanks Michelle //Mod Note: moved to proper secrtion.

Hi Caos, thank you very much for your quick reply. Our workstations all have the S: drive mapped to our server folder \\TSVSRV01\DATA. Question 1: For the field Name or name mask of file or folder in the attached screenshot, what exactly would you specify? Simply"S:\" or rather "\\TSVSRV01\DATA"? Question 2: For the checkboxes, since I'm going to have my server scan this folder and all it's subfolders. Would it be okay for me to SELECT each checkbox... implying that my workstations won't at all scan or apply any of the other components to this folder? Thanks for your patience Caos. I can't get over how light Kasperky is in comparison to other antivirus software I have tried. So far so good. Regards, Michelle

Hi, Regarding question 1, the exclusion is applied locally in the KES installed on the computers, so the correct thing would be to indicate S: \ Regarding the second question, if you already have the server where S: \ (the server TSVSRV01) is physically protected with an anti-virus, so that KES does not analyze it and avoid performance problems or conflicts between the protections it would be serious. Check including subfolders, and all the checks of protection components. Regards

Thanks Caos, What I mean to say is that Kasperky on our server, TSVSRV01, already monitors \\TSVSRV01\DATA (which is effectively our S: drive on local machines). I don't want my workstations doubling up on the work by monitoring the same location. Must I then un-check all the boxes? (I'm just a bit confused on the wording)

Check including subfolders, and all the checks of protection components.
No, you have to check all. "If none of the components are selected, all are executed according to their corresponding configuration" Regards