Encrypted channel for GetSystemInfo

Timur Born
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Sometimes support asks customers to run GetSystemInfo even for easy questions (like why does AVP.exe connect to site xy). I noticed that this is done via an unencrypted zip over an unencrypted e-mail exchange. Is there no encrypted channel to upload this sensitive data?

Among other things the zip includes the name of my computer, Firefox computer name, all IPv6 addresses of my computer (ipconfig) and KIS settings (what is enabled/disabled). It also includes information about what bank offered me how much money over what periods of time. This is because these are encrypted PDF files that include this information as names that are listed in KIS log files as not being scanned due to encryption.

So given how easily and often AV developers ask for these personalized information I really do wonder if there is no encrypted channel prepared to upload these files instead of using insecure means?

• Solution

Hello @Timur Born

You’re most welcome!

Why assume?

• Read: 

Data privacy statement for technical support via chat, email and phone.

KASPERSKY LAB PRIVACY POLICY 

• Ask Kaspersky Technical Support → they will tell you.
  • The Kaspersky Community cannot provide the answer. 
  • In our personal experience, there’s more than one way available to submit data. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Frankly, the community here gave better answers than the support and did not ask me to submit a collection of personalized data first. 😉

Are the Russian developers more likely to understand English or German? Because then it makes more sense to use that language of a support to make sure less information gets lost in translation with support.

@Timur Born,

• Support can answer your “is there an encrypted channel (for submitting customer data)?” question. 
  • That’s the first step. 
  • The Community cannot answer your question.
  • The Community cannot accept the data. 
  • In our personal experience, there’s more than one way available to submit data. 
  • The Kaspersky expert team are multilingual, however, if you’re not proficient in Russian, stick to English. 
  • You don’t need the expert team to answer the “is there an encrypted channel (for submitting customer data)?” question; any Kaspersky technical support agent or supervisor can manage that. 
  • If you wish to continue to waste time, feel free. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋