"Download Blocked" from website purplestats on Firefox only.

Rubber_Ducky

Hello guys, I've got a little issue that I just can't seem to shift myself and it's been bugging me for the past two days since Kaspersky Total Security began flag it, A few days ago my partner was using my computer when I was at work to watch one of her TV series and now every time I load up a webpage I'm receiving a message from Kaspersky Total Security saying the following; "Download Blocked" Site: https://purplestats.com/w/ytadblo Of course it's something dodgy spyware/adware in most cases I was thinking, I have checked out a simular topic on here but the steps which it took to resolve that matter hasen't seemed to sort mine out. All I can be sure of is it is only affecting Firefox, Chrome and Edge aren't affected. I have already taken a number of steps in order to check it out to see where it's coming from including: Running full scan + selected scan using Total Security Running Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool Running Malware Bytes + doing a rootkit scan Disabled potential add-ons on Firefox and restarting though I only have 3 (Kaspersky for Firefox, addblocker and Honey) I can't think of any other checks/programs I could run prior to writing this I did preform a safe-mode scan using Malware bytes which came up with nothing as well. I'm really stumpt on where I can go from here to try and get this dam thing off my machine, can anyone be of any assistance? Attached is a copy of the "Download Blocked" should it be of any help. Thanks, Rubber_Duck55

Hello Rubber_Ducky, welcome to the new forum. Have you already cleared the Firefox cache?https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
Hey Schulte, Thanks for your response and the warm welcome, I have just tried to clear the cache but it didn't resolve it, every time I load up a website up pops the blocked message. P.s Something I'd hate to do but I don't think it'll leave me with much option is should I not be able to resolve it, just to Uninstall Firefox, clear any Firefox data on my machine and do a fresh install of it since it's the only program affected.

I sent to KVirusDesk that URL yesterday, and I got this answer (also asked them if false positive):
> Hello, > > The specified URL is already added to our blacklist. > > Resource is related to adware applications as far as I see. > > Thank you for your help.
Hey Harlan thanks for the reply and sending it to the guys at Kaspersky to test, since this is already known to then why is it able to still show up when it should already be on the blacklist? Do you know anyway of getting rid of it? Without getting rid of FF of course
It's not my favorite solution either. But I think it's the fastest. You can save your bookmarks and import them again. Since only FF is affected, there must be a relationship with the profile. You could still test how FF behaves with a new profile
Thanks Schulte, I'll try to find a soultion but come Friday night is no solution is found I'll delete FF

• 4 weeks later...