Does Kaspersky make Chrome Youtube lag?

Lester
Go to solution Solved by Lester,

So, my youtube search bar has been lagging a lot. I looked up why and most people said it was from Kaspersky. Is this true? If so, then does anyone have a fix for this?

Edit: Whenever I type something and hold delete, Chrome and Kaspersky have a spike in CPU usage. Please, is there a fix? Thanks.

• Solution

Hey, if you see this thread, I’ve found an easy fix without disabling Kaspersky. One thing to fix, is to go in incognito mode. After trying that, it worked and the search bar does not lag. My best guess is because the extension is disabled. I guess you could remove the extension, though I haven’t tested that.

Edit: I tried disabling the extension in manage extensions (right click extension). That immediately fixed the search bar lag. I hope this helped fix the issue. 

• 1 month later...

I'm suffering from this problem, a temporary solution was to disable the extension in the browser, immediately the delay stopped, I'm waiting for updates on the case.

Hello @Johnny33Jy

Welcome!

Kaspersky  ✴  21.2.16.590, has been released, does the issue still happen? If “yes”, raise a request to Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Kaspersky ✴ software you have, in our image we’ve selected KIS, include a GSI & Windows Logs, the URL to this topic, images, video (if it helps show the issue), include as much detail as possible, so Technical experts understand the issue.

• Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

✴  = KAV, KIS, KTS & Kaspersky Security Cloud

• 3 months later...

I'm suffering from this problem, a temporary solution was to disable the extension in the browser, immediately the delay stopped, I'm waiting for updates on the case.

Hello @Johnny33Jy

Welcome!

Kaspersky  ✴  21.2.16.590, has been released, does the issue still happen? If “yes”, raise a request to Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Kaspersky ✴ software you have, in our image we’ve selected KIS, include a GSI & Windows Logs, the URL to this topic, images, video (if it helps show the issue), include as much detail as possible, so Technical experts understand the issue.

• Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

✴  = KAV, KIS, KTS & Kaspersky Security Cloud

it is still happening with latest kaspersky

it is still happening with latest kaspersky

Hello @rahmaneymar11

Welcome!

1. What other Chrome apps are being used when the Chrome lag issue happens? 
  2. 🅰As a test only, shutdown/exit the browser, in KTS, uncheck Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages, start the browser, does Chrome still lag?
  3. 🅱As a test onlyshutdown/exit the browser, in KIS, Encrypted connections scan, Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components, ADD  Chrome exclusion(s) Active, start the browser, does Chrome still lag?
  4. Have you raised a request with Kaspersky Technical Support, as per the guidance above? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋