desktop.ini creating in every folder.

Hello,

Could you please collect this file to a zip file with password “infected” and sent me by PM?

In genual, System will create this file in folder. Its content is :

[.ShellClassInfo]
IconFile=
IconIndex=
IconResource=

You can use notepad application to open it to see, Could you please tell us what value on IconFile, IconIndex, IconResource.

Regards.

Hello @Wesly.Zhang, did not see your reply😕

Hello @kuriakosea,

Welcome!

Please tell us:

1. Is the “desktop.ini files created in every folder” a new issue or has always existed?
  2. In Windows Event logs are there any events that match the problem?
  3. In KTS Reports, are there any events that match the problem, please export the KTS Detailed Report, select All Events, select 7days, save the report as a .txt file, 📎 attach to your reply?
  4. Please provide images of all the desktop.ini files?
  5. Please provide a GSI & Windows Logs

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @kuriakosea 

This file is looking like created by google driver. Thanks for your cooperation. The content of file you shared to me is the below:

[.ShellClassInfo]
InfoTip=This folder is shared online.
IconFile=C:\PROGRA~1\Google\Drive\GOOGLE~1.EXE
IconIndex=16

Could you confirm the path ‘C:\PROGRA~1\Google\Drive\’ is related to google driver? If yes, There is no problem at all, which couldn’t be processed by KIS. This is not a threat. It’s safe. In default, This file is hidden, right? Let’s explain what is desktop.ini.

desktop.ini can be used to configure the system desktop information and resource manager. When the user changes the folder icon, color, configuration time and other information, this file will automatically store the user's personal settings for the folder, all users The configuration information will be stored in the desktop.ini file in this folder.

As I see, The file you shared to me show the folder Icon is not default, it has been modify to google driver (maybe) icon and icon use #16 stored in the resource of googledriver.exe (maybe) and the folder description information is ‘This folder is shared online’.  So i explained everything parameters in the file.

You tell us ‘desktop.ini creating in every folder’. Does these file are the same content? Please let us know.

Regards.