deleted vault

seloud

Hello @seloud 
Welcome!
In the creation and management of Data Vaults, there's two options to manage original files: 

Skip
Clicking this button causes Kaspersky Total Security to skip to the next step without deleting the original files and folders.

The original files and folders are located outside the data vault and can be accessed without entering a password.

Delete
Clicking this button causes Kaspersky Total Security to delete the original files and folders located outside the data vault.

• In the test I’ve just run, if Delete” is selected, the original files are “deleted” from the device, unable to be restored. 
  • Additionally, my understanding, if the original files were deleted, subsequently existing only in the Vault, and were then deleted from the Vault, the files are no longer available🤔
  • Do you recall  which action was selected, for the original files, when the Data Vault was created?

➡ If you're unable to find the original files, or are not sure which option was selected, it would be best to contact Kaspersky Technical Support, include GSI & Windows Logs and a detailed history. Support may need Traces, captured as the issue is replicated, they will guide you with the required settings & steps for the Traces collection.

After logging the case you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will contact you, also by email; you may continue to communicate with the Support team by reply email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

When it’s available, please let us know the solution the Kaspersky Technical Team advise?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resource: 

KTS 2020 Library

Thanks Flood for your prompt reply,

The file was placed in Vault only not a copy of original, original was deleted.

My Trash bin settings is set not to leave traces so i dont know if this will help.

i tried restoring my vault files from a back up external hard drive , as the file copying starts it than stops with a message failed restore. seems the vault system is preventing the restore.

Hello @seloud,

You’re very welcome👌 !

1. The file was placed in Vault only, not a copy of original, original was deleted.
  2. My Trash bin settings is set not to leave traces. 

One (1) fit’s my understanding of how KTS Data Vault manages original files.

Two (2), doesn’t “help” (you), however, KTS circumvents the Trash folder, irrespective of the Trash folder settings. 

Regarding the 3rd issue, “seems the Vault system is preventing the restore”, I’m not clear how this could be🤔

1. 💡 Pause or exit KTS, run the restore🤔
  2. 💡 Or, run your system in SafeMode, try to restore the original files🤔
  3. 💡 Or, restore the original files to an online Cloud service, then restore back locally🤔

Let me know how if any of these are successful please?

Btw,  regarding  “external hard drive backup”, I’m very glad to read you’ve implemented this smart solution👏

Please post back when you have time?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳