Confused about Kaspersky actions

D13

I was browsing some (admittedly sketchy) websites and, as usual, Kaspersky was alerting me that it was blocking things. I went to a different one and all of a sudden I heard warning noises and was shocked to see that suddenly Kaspersky was detecting things (including a Trojan it identified as a high risk) and yet it was allowing them to be downloaded!

I immediately disabled my internet connection and put all the settings on Kaspersky to the highest level and ran a full scan but nothing was detected. I also ran a full Windows defender scan and, again, nothing was found.

I’m very confused why Kaspersky detected malware and allowed it suddenly (I still have the reprort saved) and furthermore why, after detecting files and allowing them, a full scan finds nothing when the report clearly shows a trojan and other malware and spamware was downloaded.

Any advice? I have been satisfied with Kasperky for several years and this is the first time anything like this has happened. Thank you!

Ok, thank you, Berny. I appreciate your time. I just did that. I’m still concerned about this downloaded trojan and other spyware etc that was detected and can’t be found with scans. Anything I can do to find and get rid of this? Thank you!

D