chromesearch.today malware

I am using Kaspersky Total Security. Recently l noticed in my google chrome chromesearch.today is made as default browser without my knowledge. I tried to remove it but its not getting deleted. Later I searched in google and found its a malware and people recommended to scan the computer using spyhunter5. Hence I installed it and did scanning and they identified cheomesearch. Today as a malware.

Hence my question do i need to pay for spyhunter for solving the issue. Does kaspersky total security is capable of solving this issue. I scanned now with kaspersky total security also. But it didn’t give me any report about chromesearch.today. Could you please advise me what shall l do in this particular situation 

Hello @cckchandy,

Welcome!

1. In the 24hrs preceding google chrome chromesearch.today being the default browser, were any extensions, addons, themes installed? 
  2. May we have the KTS All Events Report that covers the timeframe chrome chromesearch.today became the default browser, save the Report as a txt file, 📎 attach to your reply? 
  • For any future similar issues, to manage the immediate issue: follow standard best practice: make a System Restore Point, export Bookmarks for all browsers, run Kaspersky Clean & Optimize Tools: Privacy Cleaner, PC Cleaner & Unused Data Cleaner - select every option each Wizard detects.
  • Check all recently installed programs, uninstall every program unknown to you or that falls in the same timeframe as when the issue began.
  • Follow standard best practice disaster recovery rules, make regular backups of all critical data, make regular System Restore points, ensure Windows is up-to-date with all patches having a Successfully applied status. 
  • Make sure KTS: Interactive Protection, Delete malicious tools, adware, auto-dialers and suspicious packagers, Application Manager - During installation of applications, automatically clear check boxes for installation of additional software, Warn about any attempts to install additional programs, Analyze installed applications and browser extensions and  Detect other software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data are all enabled; make sure Kaspersky is up-to-date with the most recent patches. 
  • As a general reference, check @richbuff’s pinned topic Notification of Detection, file or website detected.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @cckchandy,

Thank you for the Spyhunter image👌 , please save the Report as a txt file,  📎 attach to your reply? 

• We understand your question.
  1. In the 24hrs preceding google chrome chromesearch.today being the default browser, were any extensions, addons, themes, programs installed? 
  2. May we have the KTS All Events Report that covers the timeframe chrome chromesearch.today became the default browser, save the Report as a txt file, 📎 attach to your reply? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Answer to Q No.1

I am finding this chromesearch.today issue since long time. I was not aware about it. Then I got a doubt on how it becomes my default engine. Then I searched in google and found it as a hijacker 

ANswer to Q2

Please find the attached