Chrome, notifications to install Kaspersky Protection Extension, but it already is installed.

MatthewI

Hello,

I have an issue where when I’m using Google Chrome browser, I get notifications from Kaspersky Internet Security to install Kaspersky Protection Extension as seen below:

However, I’ve installed the Kaspersky Protection Extension as seen below:

Does anyone knows how to resolve this issue, or is this a bug?

My current Kaspersky Internet Security version is 21.2.16.590, Chrome version is 86.0.4240.198 (64-bit) and OS version is Windows 10 build 19041.630 (64-bit).

Any help would be very appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Hello @RoMo5

Welcome back!

1. Which version & patch(x) is installed → on the Windows taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. How are Windows notifications for the Kaspersky application configured? 
  3. How is Setup notifications configured → images 1 to 3? 
Windows notifications

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @RoMo5

You’re most welcome☺

Thank you for posting back & the images👌

In Notifications → Set up notifications, scroll down to the bottom of the window, how is Using Google Chrome? Activate the Kaspersky protection extension to increase your level of protection while online configured

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 1 month later...

Hello @RoMo5

Welcome back!

1. Is MR3 set as in image 1? IF “yes”, close Chrome, uncheck Notify of screen, exit KIS → rightclick the KIS icon on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons; restart KIS, restart Chrome → recheck “ Chrome Extension notification” ? 
  2. Referring to (your) original MR2 image set, what was the Recommendation → image 2?
  3. In MR3, are there any Recommendations

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋