Chrome and "JakonLarry" alert

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello support

It's been a couple of months that Kasperspky warns me about this "download denied" threat called "jakonlarry" every time any URL is opened on Chrome, but I can't find any information about this threat anywhere in the web. I have hope this forum can tell me if its a false positive or, if not, guide me the way to remove the threat.

I tried to reinstall Chrome app, scanned application, no viruses found, but the warning alert still rings every time.

From Kaspersky's report:

Evento: ----
Usuário: ----
Tipo de usuário: Iniciador
Nome do aplicativo: chrome.exe
Caminho do aplicativo: C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application
Componente: Navegação Segura
Resultado da descrição: Bloqueado
Tipo: Contém adwares, auto-dialers, software legítimo que pode ser usado por intrusos para danificar seu computador ou dados pessoais
Nome: not-a-virus:HEUR:AdWare.Script.Generic
Precisão: Análise Heurística
Nível de ameaça: Médio
Tipo de objeto: Arquivo
Nome do objeto: 23fcf8abb46c9ef158.js
Caminho do objeto.: https://jakonlarry.com
MD5 de um objeto: 3DF490D555EDC228D91DA36A79053812

Motivo: Análise especializada
Data da versão dos bancos de dados: Hoje, 27/09/2023 13:02:00

• Solution
2 hours ago, Martin_ said:
  • Kaspersky warns me about this "download denied" threat called "jakonlarry" every time any URL is opened on Chrome.
  • I have hope this forum can tell me if its a false positive or, if not, guide me the way to remove the threat.
  • I tried to reinstall Chrome app, scanned application, no viruses found, but the warning alert still rings every time.

Hello @Martin_

Welcome!

1. Check in (your) Chrome browser> *all* extensions - either REMOVE or TURN OFF *any* extensions (you) do not recognise; IF the "download denied" threat > continues RESET CHROME to DEFAULT > chrome://settings/reset
  2. This: Tipo: Contém adwares, auto-dialers, software legítimo que pode ser usado por intrusos para danificar seu computador ou dados pessoais - from Kaspersky - is advice to users, in case they do not know there is software that may cause harm - some users don't care & those users choose to ignore Kaspersky's recommendations! 
  3. Please follow these guidelines: Kaspersky notification of detection, file or website detected, by Richbuff
  • 💥31 security vendors classify "jakonlarry" as a threat: 

image.thumb.jpeg.1d956f86ab5e467285004a3c60e85371.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3466de23787fcdd1c170aa417ad4a9ac.jpeg

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much!

The problem was an extension. Wasn't one I didn't recognize, but it seems it started to distribute malicious packets a good time after I activated it.

I don't know if I'm getting old and rusty or, with the passage of time, in a surprising counter intuitive way, it's becoming harder and harder to find things online as I couldn't find reference on this malware's name on the web.

Again, thank you very much!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Martin_ said:
  1. The problem was an extension. Wasn't one I didn't recognize, but it seems it started to distribute malicious packets a good time after I activated it.
  2. I don't know if I'm getting old and rusty or, with the passage of time, in a surprising counter intuitive way, it's becoming harder and harder to find things online as I couldn't find reference on this malware's name on the web.

Hello @Martin_

You're most welcome! 

We're delighted with the outcome🤸🏻‍♂️

Thank you for taking the time to update the Community. 

1. Sometimes even *known/trusted* extensions can be contaminated - for the symptoms (your) issue presented - the steps we provided - are a reliable combination - to manage the issue. 
  2. The MD5 - provided by (you) - from (your) Kaspersky Report - inserted into Virus Total application - is always a good place to start.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Thanks 1