Checking the safety of a website

jahcpa
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I am using a trial version of Kaspersky Internet Security version no. 21.3.10.391 (f)

I am using Microsoft Windows 10 x64 Build 19043

My question concerns the colored shields used to designate the safety of a website. There are supposed to be 4 colors: green for safe, grey for no info, gold for harmful and red for dangerous. The problem is I am only seeing green shields. I know for a fact that some of the search results are unsafe but a green shield is shown next to each and every website. I have tried different browsers...chrome, edge and explorer...with the same result. 

Hello @jahcpa,

Thank you for the image & the information!

1. Why do you think CryptoLocker Ransomware v4.16.5 (Search for, detect and eliminate all of the spyware on your PC) is malicious? 
  2. As a test, in any search engine, search "Kaspersky Support Number: 1800 83 24 24", take a full screen screenprint & post back please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

This is the screenshot for Kaspersky Support Number: 1800 83 24 24

I may have been incorrect about Cryptolocker, but as i said before I have never seen anything other than green shields. I have searched for numerous adult websites to see whether a red or gold shield would appear in search results. I only see green. 

My mistake. I re-input the Kaspersky support numbers from your screen shot and for the first time, I see a couple of red shields. Apparently it’s working properly. Thank you.

I am now wondering how Kaspersky decides which sites are deemed safe. My previous anti-virus suite was Norton Security and they were always flagging dangerous sites, much more than Kaspersky does.  

• Solution

Hello @jahcpa

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for posting back & for acknowledging KIS red shields are showing for the test example. 

Another example, showing grey shields:

1. How is URL advisor configured?

2. Regarding Norton, absolutely no idea, they may build their software differently, they may use different reference databases, could be many things. 
  3. If you have an example of a site that Norton detects as malicious & flags with a red icon & Kaspersky doesn’t, post a screen image, we’ll test?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

1. My URL Advisor is configured the same as your example above. 
  2. & 3. Norton did flag many more sites than Kaspersky. I have removed Norton from my computer so I cannot  recreate the flagged searches, nor can I recall the sites that were flagged.  

Having used both security suites, I can say that Kaspersky is much lighter on system resources           than Norton, which is a pleasure. Thank you again for your guidance.