Certain sites fail to open in Safe Money [Solved][Closed]

Go to solution Solved by grandpalarry777,

I have several banking sites that are set up in Safe Money. For a long time, all of these sites opened in Safe Money with no problems. In the past few weeks, two of the sites have started opening in a regular window. I have cleared cache/cookies, removed the sites from the Safe Money list and added them back but they still open in the regular window. How can I resolve this issue? Kaspersky Total Security 19.0.0.1088(e) Windows 10 Pro Chrome browser All are up to date.

Hello Grandpalarr, Welcome! Thank you for the info, you don't say which operating system/version is on your computer so this info may not apply, however, in the last 5 days Windows have been applying the May (Major) update, many people are reporting unusual events occurring, so let try to sort this out simply, if the following doesn't work we'll need some logs & info to help out: Please check Windows/Settings/App & Features/Default Apps - make sure the default Web Browser is [Google Chrome], if it's anything else change it to Google Chrome. Please check KTS/Settings/Protection/Safe Money/Additional - "To proceed to websites from the Safe Money window use:[Google Chrome]" if it's anything else change it to [Google Chrome]. If you need to change either or both of these settings, AFTER the change, please reboot & retest opening a website using Safe Money. Fixed? If both these settings are ALREADY Google Chrome, then we need you to please collect a GSI, reference doc: [ https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7 ], the process will ask [Windows Logs]? Please select yes/tick so we have those logs included. Please upload the GSI/Logs to a cloud storage of your choice, example, Google Drive, One Drive, MegaDrive and post back the link please?
  1. Also, are there only two sites doing this? All other sites you have using Safe Money open using a Google Chrome browser?
  2. If yes, may we have the two site urls please?
Thank you.

FLOOD. Thanks for the response. My Windows version is 1903 (Build 18362.145) I set KTS/Settings/Protection/Safe Money/Additional - "To proceed to websites from the Safe Money window use: to Google Chrome (it was already my default browser). The two sites that won't open in Safe Money are: https://www.communityamerica.com/ https://www.bankofamerica.com/online-banking/sign-in/ Here is the link to the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0gz58sdfeekdlk/GSI6_LARRYSHP_Lawrence_05_26_2019_21_11_08.zip?dl=0

Hello grandpalarry777, Thanks for posting back, the data & the info, much appreciated! 1903, you have the May (Major) update.
  1. What is Windows/Settings/App & Features/Default Apps - [browser] set to please?
Regarding: https://www.communityamerica.com/ https://www.bankofamerica.com/online-banking/sign-in/
  1. what browser are they opening in/with?
  1. May we have a screen print of KTS/Safe Money Settings please?
  2. Are you opening Safe Money from a Desktop shortcut or from KTS Safe Money application or ?
  1. Re: GSI & logs, can you upload the entire .zip as a folder upload please & post back the link please?
Please let us know? Many thanks!

Hello grandpalarry777, Thanks for posting back, & the link. Regarding: https://www.communityamerica.com/ https://www.bankofamerica.com/online-banking/sign-in/
  1. what ["regular window" / browser ] are they opening in/with?
  2. May we have a screen print of KTS/Safe Money Settings please?
  3. Are you opening Safe Money from a Desktop shortcut or from KTS Safe Money application or ?
Thank you.

FLOOD: The steps I use to access these sites: I open Chrome, which opens my default tabs. I click New Tab and then click links to each of my bank links (see attached image). This is turn should launch each of the sites in Safe Money. Here is the image of the Safe Money Settings page

Hello Grandpalarry777,
  1. Thanks for the steps process. Very helpful!
  1. The screen print needed is Safe Money Settings [ https://help.kaspersky.com/KTS/2019/en-US/68178.htm ] please?
  2. Does [these 2 sites, opening in/with"regular window" / browser ] mean: an unprotected Google Chrome browser or another/different browser altogether?
  3. What Kaspersky extension (version) is installed [ chrome://extensions/?id=amkpcclbbgegoafihnpgomddadjhcadd ] please?
  4. When the problem is happening are you signed into your Google Chrome account?
  1. & just to triple check:
  1. Every other financial site you have defined in KTS Safe Money application & defined in Google Chrome browser bookmarks, opens in a Google Chrome Safe Money Protected browser?
  2. Windows Settings/Default apps/Web browser is set to Google Chrome?
Please let us know? Many thanks!

FLOOD Here is the Safe Money Settings image (I think). When I state "Regular Window" I mean that when I am in my non-safe money browser window - where I access email, etc - I click one of the links I circled in my screen print but instead of being redirected to a Safe Money browser window the banking site simply opens in a new tab in the current window. Here is a screen shot of what I should be seeing when I click one of the links for a banking site: This leads me to my Safe Money browser window such as the following: The problem is that when I click one of the two links I mentioned earlier I get the following (a new tab in my 'regular' browser window): I hope this illustrates the issue better. The Safe Money Extension version is - 20.0.543.401 Yes, I am signed into my Google Account when I experience the problem. One other thing that may or may not have a bearing on this problem is that I had to add my banking sites to Kaspersky's Encrypted Connection Scanning exclusions list to avoid getting warnings about not being able to ensure security due to certificate problems.

Hello Grandpalarry777, Thanks a bunch, every bit of info helps! ?KTS Safe Money Settings - exactly what was needed! Please confirm:
  1. Windows Settings/Default apps/Web browser is set to Google Chrome?
  1. Re: Certificate warnings/sites added to Encrypted Connection Scanning:
  1. Did the "warnings" happen for all 4 sites recently?
  2. Over a period of time?
  3. All at the same time, for example, in the same 5 day period?
  4. Did, TDA & Amazon, not generate certificate warnings?
Just an observation - this window - your image - NORMALLY displays when a "Protected Browser" is already running, that being the case, please confirm, when the 2 sites you're concerned about "manifest" the issue, there is NO other "Protected Browser"active? FYI - I'm testing to replicate your experience, every bit of info you provide allows us to understand exactly what the impacts are. Thank you for patience and persistence, Best regards!

FLOOD Yes, Google Chrome is my default browser: Yes, the certificate error was occurring with all of the banking sites. I don't remember about TDA and Amazon. The errors were all happening at the same time several weeks ago (I even posted a comment on a discussion regarding how Kaspersky had changed thus leading to the certificate errors). The only 'solution' at the time was to add the sites to the Encrypted Connection Scanning list. I haven't tried removing the sites from the exclusion list to see if anything had changed. Regarding the "Protected Browser" tab being displayed. It opened whenever any of the 'secure' sites were launched until recently. It makes no difference if any other secure sites are already open in Safe Money or not. Bank of America and Community America sites simply don't trigger the "Protected Browser" window. Up until a couple of weeks ago each of the mentioned secure sites opened the the Protected Browser tab and then opened in the Safe Money browser window. Thanks for your help.

• Solution
FLOOD. Thank you for your assistance on this matter but I think I have solved it. On a whim, I removed all of my secure web site addresses from the Kaspersky Encrypted Connection Scanning exclusion list. After a reboot, all of the links are opening in the Safe Money browser as they were previously. Also, I am not getting any of the secure connection error messages so evidently Kaspersky made some changes to rectify that issue at some time. Thanks again, Lawrence Licata

Hello Lawrence, Sorry I haven't got back to you. I was preparing a "next steps/test" schedule, one step of which was remove the exclusions, so I'm so glad you've nailed it - brilliant and well done:clap_tone2:. Just for any future issues, had that not worked, we would have:
  1. Created a new Windows account/profile, sighed in,
  2. Installed a fresh Google.
  3. Created a new Google account - signed in.
  4. Set up SafeMoney.
  5. Setup financial websites/browser bookmarks.
  6. Retested.
  1. Had 1 to 5 solved the issue, we would have cleaned up your original Google account, uninstalled & refreshed Google and refreshed Kaspersky and so on until a happy resolution was achieved...
If you run into strife, at anytime, we're here and willing to help. Thanks again!