Cannot print from Google slides

RLB

I am using KIS 21.2.16.590(b). When I try to print a slide deck in Google slides, the print preview box opens for a second and then closes. Nothing else happens. I can print normally with Google Sheets and Google Docs. This seems to have started in the last 6 to 8 weeks.

I have made sure the Windows Network, on which the prints, is private, that the network is trusted in Kaspersky, and the TCP and UDP packets are allowed on the local network in Kaspersky.

I know it is KIS causing the problem because, if I pause protection and reboot, I can print normally. Interestingly, merely pausing protection is not enough - I have to reboot too. 

Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks

Hello @RLB

Welcome!

1. Does the “ print preview box opens for a second and then closes”, happen irrespective of Supported browser: Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium? 
  2. Is KIS set at default settings or have any configuration changes been made? 
  3. In KIS, Private browsing, is Allow data collection on incompatible websites checked → image 1? docs.google.com is on the Incompatible list →  image 1A
  4. Is Private browsing, Data collection, allowed for https://docs.google.com/ → image 2
  5. Is Anti-Banner allowed for https://docs.google.com/ → image 2?
  6. As a test only, shutdown/exit the browser, in KIS, uncheck Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages -→ image 3, start the browser, is it possible to print? 
  7. As a test onlyshutdown/exit the browser, in KIS, Encrypted connections scan, Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection componentsadd a docs.google.com  exclusion = Active → image 4, start the browser, is it possible to print? 
1A

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife 

Thanks very much for your reply. I had some success, but only with the things you said to “test”. See below:

1. Does the “ print preview box opens for a second and then closes”, happen irrespective of Supported browser: Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium? 
    1. Happens in Edge, too
  2. Is KIS set at default settings or have any configuration changes been made? 
    1. KIS is set in default config. I actually did a fill reinstall to be sure. 
  3. In KIS, Private browsing, is Allow data collection on incompatible websites checked → image 1? docs.google.com is on the Incompatible list →  image 1A
    1. It is set to only gather statistics
  4. Is Private browsing, Data collection, allowed for https://docs.google.com/ → image 2? 
    1. It is set to only gather statistics but if I switch to allow data collection I can see that docs.google.com is there
  5. Is Anti-Banner allowed for https://docs.google.com/ → image 2?
    1. It wasn’t but when I do allow it, it makes no difference
  6. As a test only, shutdown/exit the browser, in KIS, uncheck Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages -→ image 3, start the browser, is it possible to print? 
    1. This works! But most other websites no longer load (BBC news, Gmail etc) with each page saying it is waiting for gc.kis.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com….
  7. As a test only, shutdown/exit the browser, in KIS, Encrypted connections scan, Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components, add a docs.google.com  exclusion = Active → image 4, start the browser, is it possible to print? 
    1. This works, with no obvious side effects. But I didn’t leave it on because you said to try it as a test only. 

Does that help you identify what is wrong?

Let me know, and thanks again.

Robin

@RLB hello!

1. Make sure that Kaspersky extension is added and enabled in browser. Retest the issue after browser restsart. 
  2. If the issue persits after Kaspersky extension enabling - clear cache in browser. Retest the issue after browser restsart. 
  3. If the issue persits: try the following:  export the current Kaspersky product settings, then reset Kaspersky product settings. Retest the issue after browser restsart. 

p.s. if Kaspersky extension was disabled, then pelase clarify have you seen notifications to enable the extension in browser? Why did you ingone these notifications?

Thank you!!

• KIS, Encrypted connections scan, Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components, add a docs.google.com  exclusion = Active. 
    • This works, with no obvious side effects. 

Hello @RLB, Robin, 

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for checking everything and posting the results👏

Reapply docs.google.com exclusion to Encrypted connections scan, Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components, then confirm the following are not impacted by the exclusion:

1. Safe Money? 
  2. URL advisor?
  3. Private browsing?
  4. Web Anti-virus? 
  5. Anti-banner? 
  6. Mail Anti-Virus?
  7. Anti-spam?
  8. Parental control?

Also, it’s worth logging a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, asking them to determine why “cannot print from Google slides”, unless an Encrypted connections scan, Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components exclusion is applied; Support will request Traces, Logs & other data, they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please post the incident # here in your topic? 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@RLB hello!

1. Make sure that Kaspersky extension is added and enabled in browser. Retest the issue after browser restsart. 
  2. If the issue persits after Kaspersky extension enabling - clear cache in browser. Retest the issue after browser restsart. 
  3. If the issue persits: try the following:  export the current Kaspersky product settings, then reset Kaspersky product settings. Retest the issue after browser restsart. 

p.s. if Kaspersky extension was disabled, then pelase clarify have you seen notifications to enable the extension in browser? Why did you ingone these notifications?

Thank you!!

@Anton Mefodys Thanks For this. The extension is installed and enabled. I’ve also fully reinstalled KIS and also tried other browsers. As @Flood and Flood's wife said, it seems to be an issue with the scanning of encrypted connections. 

• KIS, Encrypted connections scan, Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components, add a docs.google.com  exclusion = Active. 
    • This works, with no obvious side effects. 

Hello @RLB, Robin, 

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for checking everything and posting the results👏

Reapply docs.google.com exclusion to Encrypted connections scan, Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components, then confirm the following are not impacted by the exclusion:

1. Safe Money? 
  2. URL advisor?
  3. Private browsing?
  4. Web Anti-virus? 
  5. Anti-banner? 
  6. Mail Anti-Virus?
  7. Anti-spam?
  8. Parental control?

Also, it’s worth logging a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, asking them to determine why “cannot print from Google slides”, unless an Encrypted connections scan, Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components exclusion is applied; Support will request Traces, Logs & other data, they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please post the incident # here in your topic? 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@Flood and Flood's wife Thanks for this. I’ve raised a case and will post when I hear back. 

I just thought I’d add that Kaspersky asked me to do some diagnostics and it seems to be the Anti-Banner component which is causing the problem. That is despite the fact that Anti Banner is turned off in the Kaspersky Chrome Browser extension for the Google Slides site. But if I turn off the entire anti banner component in Kaspersky and reopen Chrome, I can print.

I have sent them a diagnostic file and will post again when I hear back.