Can not complete scan

Eddie

I have an Gateway, windows 7. Kaspersky Total Security. Every time I run a full system scan it runs until it gets to 99% complete and then it stays there, it will not finish the scan. It will do a complete quick scan and reports finding nothing. I have let it set for 24 hours and it will not complete the scan. Any advice? I would like to delete Kaspersky and reload it but I'm afraid I will not be able to download it again since it will show that I already have downloaded it on a computer. I still have 202 days left on my subscription. Help.

Hello Eddie, Welcome! Additional to the information from Kmscom:
  1. Just to address your concerns regarding uninstalling Kaspersky software:
Your licence allows you to install on any computer, even the same computer, as long as the licence is valid, as yours is, with 202 days remaining:slight_smile: There's a number of important steps to follow before you uninstall the Kaspersky application, and there are a number of important steps to do after uninstalling and before downloading a new install & re-installing. Preparation (before) steps: 1⃣ Log into your MyKaspersky online account, go to: https://my.kaspersky.com/MyLicenses#/, make sure you see: Activation code: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (combination of letters & numbers) License key: xxxxxxxx-xxxx=xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx (combination of letters & numbers) Version: whichever version applies. Activation date: The date you activated the licence. 2⃣ In Windows: Create a restore point Create a system image Make sure all your data is backed up. 3⃣ How to uninstall the application in Windows 7 Note: After removing Kaspersky Total Security, your computer and personal data will be unprotected. Kaspersky Total Security is uninstalled with the help of the Setup Wizard. To start the Wizard on a computer running under Microsoft Windows 7 or earlier versions, In the (Windows) Start menu, Select All Programs → Kaspersky Total Security → Remove Kaspersky Total Security - a popup window will appear (Saving data for future use) with 6 options, it's very important to ONLY select/[✅]License information. Leave all other [ ]'s unticked/unchecked. License information = a set of data that rules out the need to activate the application during future installation, by allowing you to use it under the current license unless the license expires before you start the installation.
  1. Allow the UNISTALL process to complete
4⃣ Reboot the PC by selecting SHUTDOWN, when the PC is completely OFF, select the power button, to restart the device. 5⃣ When Windows has started and you've logged on. Download the Kaspersky application. Install the Kaspersky application - allow the process to complete. Make sure the Kaspersky application activates/starts running. 6⃣ Reboot the PC by selecting SHUTDOWN, when the PC is completely OFF, select the power button, to restart the device. 7⃣ When Windows has started and you've logged on, make sure Kaspersky application is active Run a MANUAL database update Run a MANUAL FULL scan - do not use the PC for anything while the full scan is running. 8⃣ Connect your computer to your account - https://help.kaspersky.com/KPC/1.0/en-US/95241.htm From the main window of the Kaspersky application, select: Protection for all devices → Connect to My Kaspersky. This will open a browser at the MyKaspersky account login page: https://my.kaspersky.com/ , Login to your MyKaspersky account Check https://my.kaspersky.com/MyDevices#/ Check the device is connected to your account, and the device panel appears in the Devices subsection. The licence information should be exactly as it was before you uninstalled the software. --------------------------------- AFTER all of the above steps, monitor for 24 to 48 hours to determine if the scans are happening automatically and completing. --------------------------------- If not, please post back so we can guide you further? Best regards