Can I activate a US purchased license in Cuba?

marcpv89

Hello,

I am a Cuban citizen and I am currently visiting Florida, United States. I want to buy a license for Kaspersky Total Security for the devices that I have at home, my question is, if when I arrive in Cuba I can activate the products with the license purchased in North American territory.

If you could guide me I would appreciate it very much, because for me the only antivirus that has always existed is Kaspersky,

Greetings

Hello @marcpv89

Welcome!

The documented advice is as follows:

Can I activate the application with an activation code bought in a different country?
No, you cannot. You can only activate a Kaspersky application in the country of the online store in which you purchased the license.  

If you try to activate the application with an activation code intended for a different country, you will get the error “Activation code is invalid for this region”. This will happen, for example, if you bought Kaspersky Internet Security in the Indian online store but you try to install and activate it in the United Kingdom.

However, apparently, it’s possible to buy from Kaspersky’s Global website, then the above does not apply; (personally), we’ve never done this successfully, so always end up buying from the site specific to our location. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋