Caching issue with Kaspersky - wiped on reboot = files are re-scanned = resource consumption

evjlsrain

Hello everyone,

I have been a long-term user of Kaspersky. I have noticed a few unpleasant issues with Kaspersky since older versions and they have persisted in the latest versions

The issue is about caching mechanism of Kaspersky:

• ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​As soon as I open a folder, full of exe files, Kaspersky scans all files and caches them
  • This process takes a bit of time and consumes a considerable amount of computer resources (CPU & disk IO)
  • The second time I open the folder, files are not scanned again
  • However, after I reboot the computer, the caches seem to be wiped and the files are scanned again after I open my folder
  • This issue doesn’t happen if I do a Hybrid shutdown/fast startup (only in Windows 8-10) or Hibernation
  • A full shutdown (disabled fast startup) or reboot will definitely cause the issue

It seems to me that Kaspersky doesn’t have any persistent caching but it only has temporary caching. I’m not sure if it’s a bug or a decision from the developers to improve the security of the product (caching of safe files can reduce protection)

If there is an option to keep all caches on reboot so Kaspersky will even consume fewer resources

Thank you

Hello  @evjlsrain,

Welcome back!

Please raise a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, please include GSI & Windows Logs, the team will possibly also require Traces, to be captured as the issue is replicated, they will guide you with the data collection steps.

Please let us know the outcome when available?

Thank you

Hello  @evjlsrain,

Welcome back!

Please raise a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, please include GSI & Windows Logs, the team will possibly also require Traces, to be captured as the issue is replicated, they will guide you with the data collection steps.

Please let us know the outcome when available?

Thank you

Yes, I provided all logs, GSI, and traces to my regional Kaspersky supporter. They said they submitted them to Kaspersky