Browser extension duplicates audio on certain websites

semperlabs

Has anyone else encountered issues with KTS browser extension? When I go, for example on 9gag.com it loads audio twice of every video that I play. This happens on other websites too, especially web radio stations. If the extension is disabled, everything works fine.

I’m using Kaspersky Total Security on Windows 10 64bit.

Hello @semperlabs,

Yes:

&

1. Which KTS version & patch(x) is installed → on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About ?  
  2. Does the same “ loads audio twice for every video” issue happen in every Supported browser: Chrome, Edge Chromium & Firefox? 
  3. Is Private browsing → Allow data collection on 9gag.com Allowed → image 2 above?
  4. Is Anti-Banner → Banners on 9gag.com Allowed → image 2 above?  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @semperlabs

You’re most welcome☺ !

😳 rdv.ba, crikey! That’s LOUD😅

1. Ok, the sound control does not respond, it’s just LOUD! 
  2. The sound OFF, does not respond. 
  3. It’s not duplicating audio.
  4. Site is not secure

1. We’ll adjust the PB, AB &  Encrypted Connection Scanning exclusion & report back.

Question, just to confirm, the Encrypted Connection Scanning exclusion for 9gag didn’t work, is that correct? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Lol sorry for the loudness on their behalf :) Pause and unpause the audio on the controls you’ll see there is another parallel audio playing in the background. Controls work then the extension is disabled, I can confirm that, you should try as well.

Both added on exclusion but problem is still there. Restarted everything.

Just to mention, everything works in `incognito` mode where extension is not enabled.

Hello @semperlabs

Thank you for posting back👌

We appreciate the apology, however, we can no longer hear, so it’s meaningless😂

Thanks for the incognito info👌

Re “Pause and unpause the audio on the controls”, we can’t, they do not respond, as per our 1. & 2. advice in our last reply. 

We’re in the process of testing our solutions, as per our original reply… 

We’ll update shortly. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @semperlabs

1. Question, with or without any of the suggestions by @Anton Mefodys or ours, is everything visually resolving correctly on rdv.ba? 
  2. Post an image of “Pause and unpause the audio on the controls you’ll see there is another parallel audio playing in the background”, we’re not able to see what you mean please? 
  3. Edit additional😖

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @semperlabs

Thank you👌

1. Question, with or without any of the suggestions by @Anton Mefodys or ours, is everything visually resolving correctly on rdv.ba? 
  2. Recreate the  rdv.ba issue, at the same time, open the developer log, console tab, do you see errors (red) the same as ours, post a full screen image please? 
  3. Exit all browsers, uncheck Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages, open browser, recheck rdv.ba, working correctly or not? 
  4. Have rdv.ba & 9gag ever worked properly? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

It’s not resolved (1)

I see only this in the developers console (2)

http://www.rdv.ba/live/

I tried that (3) as well, same thing.

Everything worked properly until 5-6 days ago, but I didn’t know what is causing this, so I contacted this website to resolve it, and then I realized it’s on other sites as well.

But don’t focus on rdv.ba it happens on 9gag as well, for example this video

https://9gag.com/gag/aDdz34G

When it first loaded, it works fine because the player is muted. But if the player is not muted, and I refresh the page, I can hear it twice, and controls are not working.

I wonder if anyone else has the same issue

EDIT:

When there are more videos on one page everything works fine, but when it’s isolated on one page like in new tab it doesn’t

Hello @semperlabs

Thank you for posting back!

Re 9gag, you’re seriously determined to ruin our hearing🤣

OK, on 9gag, with the sound going off the graph, muting via the sound icon, makes no difference (for us). 

Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, select Application malfunction, Incompatibility with 3rd party software template; Support will request Traces, Logs & other data, they will guide you

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in the MyKaspersky account.

🔷 Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Will do, thank you, and I’m sorry for the trouble,… I SAID I’M SORRY FOR THE TROUBLE (joke because of the hearing loss :D).

Till next time

Hello,

This issue is a very intersted case. When KL addone is enabled, the browser will post two request to http://www.shoutcastunlimited.com:8892/stream/1/ to response media type network traffic. So this result two sound raise from the browsers. One sound can be control, another can not.

KL Proctection addone is enabled
The browser’s port enviroment

KL Proctection addone is closed

Regards.

Hello @semperlabs
Thank you for posting back & for logging the case👌

Of course it’s not just you! We established that last night! 

Regarding the changes/tests we requested above, please reverse anything that did not work.  

Btw, you have shocking taste in music🤣

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello, @Flood and Flood's wife 

The most strange things is that this issue doesn’t occur in 2021 MR3 Beta build I have tested.😅

And Happy chinsese Lantern Festival.

BR.

Hello @Wesly.Zhang

Happy Chinese Lantern Festival and New Year? to you & your family too! 

We hope your year will be filled with good health, good friends and good luck😀  

Issue not replicable in MR3, we’re not sure that’s necessarily strange, but, it’s certainly good news. 

Roll on MR3😉  

@semperlabs,

For information, MR3 is the next release, due some time in March 2021, no exact date available; the patch will be released globally, in staggered distribution; the patch arrives silently, you will not know when it’s arrived; after it’s arrived, it waits for 7 days, if, in that 7 days, the computer has not been rebooted, at the end of the 7 days: in the KTS Notification centre, there’ll be a “device requires a reboot” recommendation; on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, the KTS icon will turn red; in your MyKaspersky account, the device icon will be yellow/orange & in the MyKaspersky Notification centre there’ll be a message stating the “device requires a reboot”.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 3 weeks later...