Brave Browser Extension Installation got removed, and Brave takes 5 minutes to load.

My Kaspersky extension got removed from my Brave (browser).   Can anyone tell me how  to re-install the extension back into Brave?

Another issue I am having since the last few Windows 10 updates is that Brave is taking literally 5 minutes to load.  Once clicked, nothing happens for 5 minutes then ‘presto’ it pops open.  I am assuming this is some compatibility issue with Kaspersky.  Any thoughts?

Hello,

When we use the third-party Google Chrome kernel browser, Kaspersky programs will not prompt users to install related plug-ins. If you want to install Kaspersky browser plug-ins for such browsers, please complete the settings according to the following settings.

Find the location of the main program of the third-party Google Chrome kernel browser and rename its name to chrome.exe.

Double-click to run and renamed chrome.exe to start the browser. If the browser prompts you to start the browser with the new configuration, please start the browser with the new configuration.

At this time, the previously configured browser related information will be lost, including All browser extensions originally installed.

https://forum.kaspersky.com/uploads/archive/images/8404814f-aea4-496a-9b2e-4fbd287078fd.png

My Kaspersky extension got removed from my Brave (browser)

since the last few Windows 10 updates is that Brave is taking literally 5 minutes to load.  Once clicked, nothing happens for 5 minutes then ‘presto’ it pops open.  I am assuming this is some compatibility issue with Kaspersky. 

Hello @WallyW

Additional to @Wesly.Zhang’s comments. 

Kaspersky Protection extension / Brave, is not supported → refer Browsers that support the Kaspersky Protection extension

The “workaround” is as Wesly has mentioned. 

1. Regarding the Brave load time, now taking longer since Windows update, does Brave load faster without the Kaspersky Protection extension? 
  2. Why, if the issue began after Windows updates, do you assume it’s related to Kaspersky? 
  3. Has a KIS reset to Default settings been done & retested?
  4. Has a clean install of Brave been done? 
  5. Are there any Brave related events in the KIS reports? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thank you Wesly and Flood.  I’m going to give those suggestions a try.  I would have swore that there was a Kaspersky extension previously in Brave that disappeared from last year.  I have been suspecting that web pages called by Brave are being scrutinized by my Kaspersky Internet as loading some pages seems to take quite a while lately even though I’ve selected the Web Anti-Virus security level to low.

I would have swore that there was a Kaspersky extension previously in Brave that disappeared from last year.  

Hello @WallyW

You’re most welcome☺ !

Kaspersky supports Kaspersky Password Manager extension in the following browsers:

• Microsoft Edge based on Chromium (version 79 or later)
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer (versions 10 or 11)
  • Firefox (version 65 or later)
  • Chrome (version 70 or later)
  • Yandex. browser (version 18.10 or later)
  • Vivaldi, Brave, Comodo Dragon (a limited number of features are available in a pilot mode)

To date, Kaspersky Protection extension / Brave, has never been supported. 

Note: if the “workaround” mentioned by Wesly, does not work, there’s no technical support available, it’s an unauthorised workaround, for an unsupported browser. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋