Bluehost / have to disable Kaspersky because it interferes with the Bluehost logging in to Wordpress, etc.

TruthC
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

After initially allowing the insecure    “www.bluehost.com”  link to log in, it does allow one to log into their bluehost.com account but creates further interference.  I end up having to disable Kaspersky in order to use the Bluehost website after logging in.

‘You’ are both big companies.  Do you think you could directly communicate with each other and get your products working together harmoniously?

Thanks,

Truth

Using Windows 10 and 11

Kaspersky Total Security

Moderator note : This Topic has been  unflagged and remains open for any suggestion.

• Solution

Hello @TruthC

Welcome!

1. (please) Read before you create a new topic! → which KTS version & patch(x) x = letter
  2. In KTS → Web Anti-virus Reports, are there any bluehost errors / events
  3. Is Private browsing, Allow data collection on this site, enabled?
  4. Is Anti-Banner, Banners on this website are allowed, set? 
  5. Does the “Bluehost logging in to Wordpress - further interference, etc”, happen in every supported browser: Edge Chromium, Chrome, Firefox? 
  6. What happens if bluehost is added as a Trusted address in Network settingsEncrypted connections scan
  7. Has a case been logged with Kaspersky support

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

After initially allowing the insecure    “www.bluehost.com”  link to log in, it does allow one to log into their bluehost.com account but creates further interference. 

Hello @TruthC

5 things:

1. Regarding step 6, in our first reply, after adding the bluehost domain as a Trusted address in Network settingsEncrypted connections scan, go to Settings, Protection, Web Anti-Virus, select Advanced settings, add the web address to Do not scan web traffic from trusted URLs
  2.  Patch H for Kaspersky Total Security version 21.3.10.391 was released on January 31, 2021, the rollout is staggered, a distribution cycle may take up to a month, the latest information available, from Moderator @Schulte, “At this moment it is distributed to the first 25%. I think that on Monday it will be increased to 50%, during next week to 100%.”
  3. Patches arrive silently, you will not know, it will sit & wait for 7 days, 168 hours, IF, in that 7 days, the computer is not shutdown & restarted, at the end of the 7 days, the Kaspersky icon, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, will turn red, &, in the KTS Notification centre, it will show Computer reboot required

, similar advice will show in the Windows Notification Centre.
  4. To check which patch is installed on your machine, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About

5. Re “You’ are both big companies.  Do you think you could directly communicate with each other and get your products working together harmoniously?”, there’s squillions of “big” companies, how is Kaspersky ‘supposed’ to know there’s a problem, unless someone says something? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @TruthC

5 things:

1. Regarding step 6, in our first reply, after adding the bluehost domain as a Trusted address in Network settingsEncrypted connections scan, go to Settings, Protection, Web Anti-Virus, select Advanced settings, add the web address to Do not scan web traffic from trusted URLs
  2.  Patch H for Kaspersky Total Security version 21.3.10.391 was released on January 31, 2021, the rollout is staggered, a distribution cycle may take up to a month, the latest information available, from Moderator @Schulte, “At this moment it is distributed to the first 25%. I think that on Monday it will be increased to 50%, during next week to 100%.”
  3. Patches arrive silently, you will not know, it will sit & wait for 7 days, 168 hours, IF, in that 7 days, the computer is not shutdown & restarted, at the end of the 7 days, the Kaspersky icon, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, will turn red, &, in the KTS Notification centre, it will show Computer reboot required

, similar advice will show in the Windows Notification Centre.
  4. To check which patch is installed on your machine, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About

5. Re “You’ are both big companies.  Do you think you could directly communicate with each other and get your products working together harmoniously?”, there’s squillions of “big” companies, how is Kaspersky ‘supposed’ to know there’s a problem, unless someone says something? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thank you.  That worked.  I will question Bluehost as to why they are using insecure SSL certificates. (FYI, I realized that I’m using Kaspersky Security Cloud personal but the settings were the same. )

As to 5.  quote, “there’s squillions of “big” companies, how is Kaspersky ‘supposed’ to know there’s a problem, unless someone says something?”

That’s a good question.  So I tried searching for statistics on the biggest companies.   The following links provide lists of sources.  I created a free account with https://builtwith.com  in order to see more results which gave me an idea of the size of Bluehost/Hostgator, which I see is by no means the biggest, at around 8,000 websites hosted combined. 

https://findstack.com/web-hosting-statistics/

https://www.g2.com/articles/web-hosting-statistics

Below I pasted the sources they used for their statistics.   Both articles seem to have drawn from  the same sources.

Sources:

Thanks for everyone’s help.

Hello @TruthC

Welcome!

1. (please) Read before you create a new topic! → which KTS version & patch(x) x = letter
  2. In KTS → Web Anti-virus Reports, are there any bluehost errors / events
  3. Is Private browsing, Allow data collection on this site, enabled?
  4. Is Anti-Banner, Banners on this website are allowed, set? 
  5. Does the “Bluehost logging in to Wordpress - further interference, etc”, happen in every supported browser: Edge Chromium, Chrome, Firefox? 
  6. What happens if bluehost is added as a Trusted address in Network settingsEncrypted connections scan
  7. Has a case been logged with Kaspersky support

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

1. included in other reply, pending approval.
  2.  Private Browsing is set to “Only gather statistics”.  I don’t know how to find “Allow data collection on this site”  Feature request: to be able to search Kaspersky interface to find  settings.
  3. No, I turned Anti-Banner off in the Kaspersky settings while trying to get it to work.
  4. It appears to also be working on Firefox after I followed the instructions in these replies. 
  5. that appears to have helped fix it.
  6. No

Thank you.