BAD_POOL_CALLER klwtp.sys

Sudha

After purchasing and installing Kaspersky Total Solutions 2020, my PC frequently (more than once a day) crashes with blue screen BSOD Code "BAD_POOL_CALLER" and after analysing dump files the cause is attributed to klwtp.sys file. I do not have any system drivers of other virus softwares such as Malwarebytes, McAfee, AVG, Norton etc. (all properly removed from system by unistalling these softwares and then manually removing their sys drivers left behind post uninstallation). I use Windows 8.1 (64 bit) operating system.

What needs to be done? Has money paid to Kaspersky gone waste and need to uninstall Kaspersky?

Hello!

We will need some info to check this issue. Normally Kaspersky shouldn’t cause any BSOD and it may mean there is an incompatibility issue.

Please send us a GSI report: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632#block7

(Send us a link to download it)

Thank you!!

I ran the GSI report and sent it by email to Kaspersky Support but they have not been able to identify the issue. I ran the WhoCrashed App to determine the cause and it attributed the cause to "klwtp.sys" causing the crash. I deleted the Kaspersky Total Solutions since my PC was crashing every 30 minutes yesterday and it has been the first 24 hours without a PC crash after Kaspersky Total Solutions was removed. Is it possible to get a more stable or better compatible version of Kaspersky Total Solutions?

Hello,

Could you run the following command in cmd with administrators privilege and post back the result?

sc query type= driver group= NDIS

Reagards.

I did this after removing Kaspersky Total Solutions since file "klwtp.sys" seemed to be the cause of PC crash. After Kaspersky has been removed, PC is stable and not a single crash. The files generated from this query is attached. 

According to our analysis the issue related to defect in old driver for RALINK Wi-Fi adapter.

Does the issue occur in case of disabling of this Wi-Fi adapter?