Backup & Restore: Username & Password are rejected.

Hello @micheal49,

Welcome!

• Windows account username & password.

In the User account section, specify the user name and password of (your) account on the computer.  The data of your account is required to access files during backup.

Using the Windows account user name & password gives KTS “permission" to access the folders/files. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resource: 

Creating a backup schedule

@micheal49,

Additional to my last reply:

This issue came up several months back, at that time Kaspersky Technical Support’s written advice was:

This (profile & password) option , was added in 2020 in order for the backup process to work without any obstacle.

You only need to add your password once in the configuration window and the backup will not ask you for it again.

This (profile & password) option is not required if you choose the "on demand" backup option.

This is normal/by design.

On demand means that with your current user, you will perform the backup yourself. It is not necessary to verify your self.

When you schedule a backup on a specific time, you need to add your Windows Username and Password. This will make sure that backup will work (will have access to the specific user files) even if you are using other user at the time of the backup.

unquote.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, this doesn’t work.

I’ve even changed my Windows password to check this.

I’ve entered admin windows account with email as user and i’ve entered windows username as user both with correct admin password.

Authorisation failed.

I want to automate backup like it should work for this function and not use on request like you suggested to another user. This functionality is broke and has to be checked by dev.

Thanks for looking in to this matter

Hello @philipdegendt

Welcome!

• The “on-demand backup” information provided earlier, is to explain why account verification is not required when an on-demand backup is run, as opposed to the requirements for scheduled backups.
  • To assist you, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, include a GSI & Windows Logs, a detailed history & images; Support may asked for Traces, they will guide you with the collection of these. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I’m having the same issue.  My user name is automatically shown, but when I enter my password, (my code when I log into my account on Windows10) it tells me it’s not accepted.

Manual download to my back up drive isn’t the end of the world, but if the facility is there to back up automatically then that’s what I’ll do.

Loiner

• 3 months later...

Trying to set up Back & Restore.

Setup asks for name and password. Tried to use account name and account password.

BOTH are rejected.

What “name” am I supposed to use?

What password am I supposed to use?

I’m put the microsoft account login and works!

Thanks for Help.

Hello @Kinucris,

Welcome!

• Correct, the only user name and password that will work for Scheduled backups, is the Windows account username and password, as is explicitly stated in the documentation.
  • The principle is, Kaspersky application requires permission to access the data to be able to back it up, the permission must be given by the Windows user account. 
  • No such permission is required if the backup is On-demand

Thank you🙏

Flood+1🐳

Disclaimer, we have no association with Kaspersky. 

• 1 year later...

Hello @APBeaulne

Welcome!

1. Contact Kaspersky support select either Chat or Email, fill in Application malfunctionOther template; support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. 
  • When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Resources:

Backup and Restore