Automatic Updates Not Working

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

The problem is that I have automatic updates set to run and they are not doing so.

I get the windows security tray icon with the yellow blip, open it to see that there are actions recommended in Kaspersky Small Office Security so I open that and it says that databases are out of date and gives me a button that I must click to perform the update. Ultimately I can update KSOS but it requires my user input to click the update button. I want it to happen automatically.

This has been an on-going issue for at least the past 3 months and I have entirely uninstalled and reinstalled KSOS in that time. The issue persists. Please help.3

image.png.e5d08d9eb9acc73bfc72f9c39a8b4a9b.png

image.png

• Solution
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, WS3K said:

The problem is that I have *automatic updates* set to run and they are not doing so.

I get the windows security tray icon with the yellow blip, open it to see that there are actions recommended in Kaspersky Small Office Security so I open that and it says that databases are out of date and gives me a button that I must click to perform the update. Ultimately I can update KSOS but it requires my user input to click the update button. I want it to happen automatically.

This has been an on-going issue for at least the past 3 months and I have entirely uninstalled and reinstalled KSOS in that time. The issue persists. Please help.

Hello @WS3K

Welcome!

1. 👉Please share the *full* OS build number, (sadly it's not captured by Kaspersky, in the Customer Service window of the GUI) -> type Winver in the Windows Search field, run the applet for the result please? 
  2. *Just as a test*, change the Update schedule to 3 hourly, make sure you save & confirm the change - then shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login, make sure KSOS is active - monitor for 12 to 24 hrs to see if these 3hr updates *automatically* run?
  3. Read & follow: General recommendations for solving database update issues in Kaspersky applications
  4. Read & follow: Update Issues checklist by (past) Moderator Richbuff.
  5. When Kaspersky Small Office Security was uninstalled, were *all* Saving data for future use check-boxes - excluding the Activation code / License key - cleared = *all* check boxes blanked out? 
  6. IF 'no', please redo the *uninstall*, follow these steps:

a. Export & save Kaspersky Small Office Security config. 
b. Uninstall KSOS, clear *all* Saving data for future use check boxes *except* Saving License/Activation code - allow the uninstall to complete. 
c. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login.
d. Download a new KSOS installer.
e. Install & configure KSOS - do not import the *original config atm*
f. Run a manual Database update. 
g. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login.
h. Monitor for the original issue? IF it resolves & *if* you wish, import the original config & again monitor for the original issue, if the original issue repeats it would suggest the original config may be the root cause - in which case repeat the steps up to h. & do not *import* the original config. 

👉IF you get to step h. & it's *prior* to importing the config & the issue remains unresolved, log a case with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Database update issues, Automatic/scheduled update does not start template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

dbu-not-start.thumb.png.d46dec4a661c60dd69a4783638e79a38.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar || added 3hr test dbupd

I wanted to follow up on this and share with the community. I appreciate your reply and help.

I made it as far as step 2.

It seems I had KSOS set to update on startup with a 20 minute delay. Thus every time I start the computer and there is a update waiting, I get notified about it.

I set the update schedule to every 3 hours and disabled the focused work mode or whatever it is. Not a problem since.

It is worth noting that much of the KSOS interface referenced in the General Recommendations for... document is out of date and some of the feature names have changed. Gaming mode for example seems to be called focused work mode.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WS3K said:

I wanted to follow up on this and share with the community. I appreciate your reply and help.

I made it as far as step 2.

It seems I had KSOS set to update on startup with a 20 minute delay. Thus every time I start the computer and there is a update waiting, I get notified about it.

I set the update schedule to every 3 hours and disabled the focused work mode or whatever it is. Not a problem since.

It is worth noting that much of the KSOS interface referenced in the General Recommendations for... document is out of date and some of the feature names have changed. Gaming mode for example seems to be called focused work mode.

Hello @WS3K

You're very welcome!

Thank you for posting back with the good news, we're delighted to read the issue was resolved so early in the *steps*, well done - that's a great outcome!

Thank you for the documentation head-ups, we appreciate the feedback - ordinarily we'd submit a update request, however, due to Kaspersky releasing a new range & that's still *in progress*, we anticipate a lot of documentation change will not be fully realised at this time. We'll flag it & maybe put thru the request after the holidays. 

Thank you again🙏
Flood🐳+🐋